Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Halifax student bank account

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i opened a bank account with halifax today becuase i want to open a websaver account to get interes on my loan...does any one have nay experience of this bank? is it 'good'?
cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I had a Halifax savings account when i was 8. It was quite cool.

Otherwise, they offer the highest interest along side Bank of Scotland don't they?
  • Options
    but can you forgive them for 'THOSE' adverts?

that guy actually works in a branch, and i know where it is, i was up until a short period of time ago giving serious thought to slashing his throat. fucker.
  • Options
    I'm going with Nationwide's internet account because that offers 3.75% interest - besides which I already told my LEA to pay my loan into that account. Then I'm getting an internet savings account with ING Direct who offer 4.3% interest which is linked to my Nationwide account by direct debit - so I'm going to put all my money in the ING Direct account and transfer my weekly budget into the Nationwide account and spend through it. Those were the two accounts I found with the highest interest - hope I explained it okay. :lol:
  • Options
    i've had a websaver with them for about 2 years and i saved probably about £2500.
    i recently opened a current account with them and they gave me a £1000 overdraft and a £750 Visa card and a cheque book and Switch cheque guarantee card.
    im not sure about their student account though, im going back to education after taking a year out so i dont know if i will open a student account or just keep my current account. HSBC are meant to be good for student accounts.