Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Operation Northwoods: An American conspiracy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/jointchiefs_010501.html

more interesting articles on this, go to google and search under Operation Northwoods

Comments

• Options
    Was Cuba ever of any major threat to the US?

Now that the Cold War has ended, the US has no place in maintaining sanctions against Cuba.
  • Options
    Regardless Mono, there are powerful political interest groups in the US fueling the continuation of this long running and wrong headed policy. That wont change until we get leaders who care more about social justice and global responsibility than bygone paranoia about the communist boogeyman.
  • Options
    When you look at this and similair proven events in history ie the Geramn Reichstag fire in the 30s and the Gulf of Tonkin incident in Vietnam (search Google for background) it does make you wonder even more about September 11 and the recent UN bombing in Iraq.
  • Options
    I did already have suspicions about the bombing of the UN offices in Baghdad and with word that it is the FBI (and not the UN or any multinational agency) which will be investigating the scene, I am even more of the opinion that this was another staged event.

Undoubtedly some Iraqi (or perchance Iranian) culprit(s) will be named whilst our military or CIA boys gloat over the chaos they caused the international community, further strengthening the case for continued occupation.
  • Options
    Hey Clandestine!

I hadn't heard of Howard Dean. What a breath of fresh air! Is he independant from the other parties and what are his chances of winning? Is he well known in the States?
  • Options
    He's the Governor of Vermont actually and he's running as a Democrat so he's not independent. Sadly, as good as one might be for the nation, without one of the two major Parties behind you, you have NO chance of winning in modern America.

He wasnt one of the Democratic frontrunners when he first announced his bid, but he's steadily made the press more and more and is indeed one of four or even three with the best chance of getting the nomination.

Nothing however is certain right now but I will say that if either Gephardt or Lieberman win the Democratic nomination I WILL vote for an independent candidate, however wasted that vote might be. Those two are simply Bush in Dems clothing and will demonstrate that Washington has learned nothing from the wrongheaded policies of Bush and co.
  • Options
    frightening stuff indeed.
    the two things that convince me that it was americans who attacked new york on 9/11 are ...the fact that the pakistani inteligence services were talking on bbc raDio 4 about american plans to invade afghanistan, to get their pipeline under the pretext of ousting the taliban ...months before new york was attacked, proving that all they needed was to drum up public support.
    secondly ...if you can get to watch the news footage of the plane crashing into the second tower there is clearly an explosion on one floor that looks exactly like demolition charges. one whole floor seems to be taken out from explosives within.
    the biggest bunch of murderous thieves in history is currently running america ...of that i have no doubt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    secondly ...if you can get to watch the news footage of the plane crashing into the second tower there is clearly an explosion on one floor that looks exactly like demolition charges. one whole floor seems to be taken out from explosives within.

It would have to be pretty accurate flying by a novice pilot to hit the building in just the right spot to get away with an explosive charge going virtually undetected.
    And if you were to say that there may have been explosive charges over more floors to cover the probability that the pilot would miss the explosive-rigged floor then there would have been quite a firework show as these would have gone off later due to the intense heat.
    And if they didn't, the fireman/builders etc that cleared up the mess afterwards would have found obvious evidence of an explosion during the cleanup operation .... or were the good people of New York also involved?
  • Options
    Actually Teagan democharges would have imploded not exploded so there would be little more than flashes (and extremely brief in duration at that). Some witnesses on the scene on the day had in fact noted to authorities that they saw flashes on several floors, but their claims were essentially dismissed.

As for the wreckage, perhaps you are unaware of this fact, but almost immediately after the collapse there were federal agents all over the sight with firefighters controlling the scene completely.

The wreckage itself was quarantined and upon cleanup was sold to a scrap concern in South East Asia to eliminate the evidence.

Moreover, the recording of NY firefighters remote communications throughout the buildings was also seized by FEMA (the agency overseeing the operations) and sealed. Prior to this seizure, several firefighters aknowledged that there was no inferno going on in the upper floors sufficient to melt the supporting girders as the coverstory claimed. Lots of smoke from burning fuel doused by internal sprinkler systems, but no raging blaze.

Do not overestimate how many people had to be involved if this was in fact planned and executed by US security agencies, it isnt some ridiculous number as you might wish to presume in order to dismiss what is far more plausible than the bogus story we've long been fed.

Most witnesses and, in fact, civilian workers at the sight following the destruction would have been (and indeed were) too traumatised with shock to take stock of every detail one would wish to examine in order to determine the causal links of the collapse of both buildings.

One fact that undermines the coverstory (amongst numerous others) is that the second building hit collapsed prior to the first which (if the coverstory were true) was "burning" for over an hour by the time the second tower fell (after "burning" for less than an hour itself).

Whats more, seismologists recorded underground shockwaves of a magnitude far greater and far more localised to that city block than any normal tectonic shifts or the impacts of the planes themselves could have caused. The shocks were also aknowledged by at least one seismology watchstation as being comensurate with man -made underground detonations.

The fact that feds were present to put a clamp on the scene within minutes of the collapse speaks volumes, especially when its also now known that the fighter squadrons within range of the flight paths of the 4 planes waited almost an hour from the first notification from Air Traffic Control that 4 planes were off course and not responding to hails.

According to FAA and US Air defence guidelines, fighters are to be immediately launched when such conditions apply to any civilian flight, they were purposely not launched so that response times could be muddied in later testimony thus adding to the plausible deniability factor. Had they been launched, the fighters would have easily intercepted all 4 planes well before any of them reached their targets.

No, my friend, perhaps you dont WANT to believe that such is possible, but then you fail to comprehend just what extent the current government and its dependents (agencies and senior individuals now enjoying more power and conrtol over the country than any previous government) will go to to maintain their hold on power and the massive payoffs that is providing to the MIC and those industries most closely linked with this admin.

Of course, you are free to believe the coverstory put forward by those now exposed as liars many times over, an increasing number do not. Until their is a legitimate public enquiry with full authority to examine all records from whatever agency is required to obtain full transparency, we wont know conclusively.

For ongoing research, I once again refer people to this excellent and labouriously compiled public investigation site...

http://www.911pi.com/investigations_overview.htm
  • Options
    I agree that I do not "want" to believe that governments are doing this but will tentatively be open to persuasion. However, it just amazes me that nobody anywhere has appeared on television or radio to say what they have heard and saw ... surely the FBI and the other dark powers can't keep teh good people down all of the time ... ?
    And then, if what you say IS true ... what can we do? If they can keep the voices out now, they can keep the voices out all of the time so essentially and to put it bluntly, we're all f*cked! :(
  • Options
    Its a matter of momentum and political pressure. If enough of the public gets behind continual calls for a thorough investigation that leaves no rock unturned, then its likely that influential elements of society would also add their clout to the mix and soon the media is raising the questions that it has kept silent on, etc.

People who have witnessed things can be told that they were under great duress or that they mistook something for that which it wasnt since they would not be coming with proof in hand to substantiate their claims. The powers that be (or at least those which were directly involved in the act) know this and use it to their advantage to maintain plausible deniability. That prinicple is one of the foremost operational safeguards with which our leaders and their cronies keep the public from knowing what they are up to in reality.

I never said I expected it to be easy or that such an investigation would or will ever occur, but one is most certainly needed to answer the many many questions that have so far been stonewalled or brushed over entirely.
  • Options
    "All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players.
    They have their exits and their entrances,
    And one man in his time plays many parts,
    His acts being seven ages."

Shakepeare's words being clearly resonant of present times. We're all merely players, performing scripts that were written already by external powers over which we may never have any control. History can be written before it even occurs.

To be honest it scares the living daylights out of me that in a world where democracy supposedly reigns in developed societies such as ours and America, that such lies and deceit control the world. Unless the majority rose up against it, it would simply be doused by the government and the media using an orchestrated propaganda campaign.

I've been brought up to believe that whenever the American government is involved; be weary, very weary. It goes further than that doesn't it though?

And what is all this deceit and destruction for? More power.

I bookmarked that site Clandestine, I'm going to read through it this afternoon, should make for some interesting reading.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    [BI've been brought up to believe that whenever the American government is involved; be weary, very weary.[/B]

Weary or wary? Although being wary all the time does make one weary. :p

Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    I bookmarked that site Clandestine, I'm going to read through it this afternoon, should make for some interesting reading.

I've bookmarked it too. You gonna make me conspiracy theorist out of me soon, Clandestine! Seriously, an interesting site ... but why don't newspaper/TV media pick up on this ... ? I can understand most being in the back pockets of some media scum - but all of them?
  • Options
    The last bastion of truly "free press" is the internet unfortunately, Teagan. The major media which capture the lion's share of daily public attention, be it press or broadcast media, are controlled by monolithic corporate entities with their interests firmly rooted in the halls of power and subsequently thereby circumscribed by the dictats of the powermongers therein.

Thats not to say that when the public perception changes and calls for transparency overtake those voices preaching conformity to and "trust" in the status quo, the corporate media wont rediscover its responsibility, but they rarely take the lead in waking the public up. It's not in their economic interests to buck the system without significant public momentum to do so.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Teagan
    Weary or wary? Although being wary all the time does make one weary. :p

I didn't realise this was the impeccable spelling board...suppose it's always been a board for condescension though.

I suspect the internet is going to become even more closely monitored in the future though, of course though with such expanse space it's easy for sites to exist no matter what material they contain.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Teagan
    It would have to be pretty accurate flying by a novice pilot
    what if there were no pilots?
    it was a bit hard to swallow as well that at the airports concerned were the terrorists cars in the carpark ...complete with left behind evidence. the fact that bush senior and bin laden senior are and have been very ...VERY, close freinds and biz associates for years and years ... i can just see it ... 'sorry george but you know what kids are like today ...i have no control over the boy' ...
  • Options
    America doing September 11 to themselves is akin to cutting their arm off , the damage to their economy was immense , and what are Bush and his colleagues if not busisnessmen?

You dont like Bush ? Dont vote for him next time. Theres accountability for you.