Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bristol university

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hiya,
does any one go to bristol, or know any one that goes to bristol? whats it like? do they like it? what about the city?
any info on the uni and city from a student point of view would be great!
thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Unless you're predicted all As or you're from a decent area, don't bother applying to Bristol.

They reject everyone. But they can kiss my All A ass now. How many people on the english course got the necessary grades this year? Better be all of them.

Anyway, enough of my bitterness, it's a good university and brilliant city - I know three people there and they like it. Brilliant nightlife, much to do culturally and it's warmer. However, many stuck-up people and rich people which can irritate.

What do you want to study there?
    im going there this year to do law and german, just thought id try and find out as much as i can before i go!!!!!
    its getting so close now its scaryyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    thanks for replying
    Ahh..

Sorry for my outburst...it's a great place hence why I'm so bitter.

But yeah, everyone loves it there I know. So you'll have a good time.
    My friend has an older brother studying medicine at Bristol. From what he has told me, it sounds like a great place to be.

I very nearly got into Bristol myself (I missed it by one I.B. point) last year. Shame I missed out. But then again, I wouldn't have had the great time I've had in Cardiff!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/

http://www.venue.co.uk/ local listings/whats on magazine

I've lived here pretty much all my life, its a pretty good place to be. Do try and get to know it away from just the student scene to see it at its best.

More than enough going on with the clubs and music scene. Also good for the arts, drinking and eating. If you feel the need to chill out its amazingly easy to get to open space, the countryside etc.

We get about 50000 students in Bristol so you will be well catered for. Look out for the Venue student guide available at Freshers and with the magazine in September.

I know this city like the back of my hand so feel free to PM me with any questions. Enjoy.
    Hi bittersweet,

I'm starting at Bristol in September too....it's all so scary now it's so close!

I don't know that much about the place, though I don't live that far away (about an hour), so it's a bit nervewracking.

I'm dying to hear back from them about accommodation cos I really wanna know where I'll be living! Have you heard yet? Or do you know when we will hear?

Argh, I'm v.excited but totally terrified at the same time!
    Aaaah Bristol Uni.

Can those that are going try and not be like the rest of them...ie look down on those of us that arent students. Cos ill hunt you down, yes i will :p
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Aaaah Bristol Uni.

Can those that are going try and not be like the rest of them...ie look down on those of us that arent students. Cos ill hunt you down, yes i will :p

LOL now now Lacy, I'm sure these peeps aren't that type. :lol: I know what you mean though, it does get a little tiring.