Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

First ever download...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What was the first song you ever downloaded, and when/where did you download it?

Should be easy to check by arranging your song's by the date created or modified (whichever's first), unless you deleted your first ever download.

I remember when I first downloaded a song. I was like 'WOW, this is cool!!', but it's obviously the norm now.

Anyway, the first song I ever downloaded was 'Berlin - Take My Breath Away' ... (don't ask)... on the 5th August 2000 (from Napster of course). ;)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Beastie Boys - Body Movin' - 9th September 2000

i think i got it before id heard of Napster, so it was off a normal website. and i remember it took for ever cuz it was a 6mb file and on dial-up.
  • Options
    Patrice Rushen - Haven't you heard...

was about christmas time 2000, from Napster
  • Options
    Soundgarden - Jesus Christ Pose

first time i ahd a soundcard and the internet on teh same pc :D
  • Options
    Mine was in the summer of 2000 - Verse Chorus Verse by Nirvana from Napster.

Haven't heard it since then though because Audiogalaxy came along pretty quickly.
  • Options
    William Orbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings in feb 2000 from napster no doubt
  • Options
    mine was ginuwines my whole has changed from kazaa.
  • Options
    I think mine was Goodbye to You - Michelle Branch, only about last year sometime. I cant check the date coz i've deleted it now
  • Options
    Ahh no, I remember now. It was a Madonna tune from Winamp.com then I started using Napster around June and downloaded Lynard Skynard - Sweet Home Alabama. That was about 1999.
  • Options
    I can't remember when it was, probably 2000 or 2001 sometime. I downloaded Napster just to download I Dissappear by Metallica. Then I logged of and never used Napster again :p
  • Options
    Hole - Celebrity Skin (I think :confused: ) - Napster.

I've being going weird on d/loads of late - stuff like the Pointer Sisters - Mr Big Stuff and Charles and Eddie - Would I lie to you?
    :eek2: