Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Extra Training

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you ever asked for or been offered extra training for your job? Obviously it depends on what you do.... I'm talking about those of you in permanent work, rather than summer / after college jobs.

I've only recently started my job (clerical assistant for an insurance brokers) and training was kinda talked about in the interview but only in the context of courses I could do "when" I become a department junior depending on which department I went into (commerical or personal insurance, etc etc). I've already done two of the courses they would have sent me on and was planning to do the next level of CLAIT anyway, but one of the guys I work with was telling me about an "Introduction to Insurance" course I could do, as I've never worked in insurance before - I've been looking at a couple on the net and found a good full-day course for £140, which I don't think is too bad for what it covers.

Anyone else done extra training, and how did your boss react when you asked for it? (or did they suggest it?) I don't have a problem with asking for it - I think my boss is more scared of me than I am of him - and surely it would be a benefit... Just wondered what everyone thought... :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if youre happy in your job and you can see yourself doing it as a career then go for it. I'd do CLAIT II for sure as it's great for a number of jobs and bumps up your CV. And if your boss will pay, and you get a day off work, why not?