Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Shining

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Is the film as good as the book? Cos I just finished the book and it scared me shitless! I dunno if I would want to see the film now after the book, it's so descriptive in bits you can really see it!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I haven't read the book but I've seen the film and to be honest it's the only horror film that has genuinely scared me. But in saying that I wouldn't be surprised if it was a let down after the book.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    I haven't read the book but I've seen the film and to be honest it's the only horror film that has genuinely scared me. But in saying that I wouldn't be surprised if it was a let down after the book.
    :yes: Its a gooood film, but i havent read the book.
  • Options
    they miss out loads of important bits in the film... which is why i don't think it was very good. the book is way way better.
    plus, the movie wasn't scary at all, i thought. i was confused the whole way through. the only thing that terrified me was jack nicholson's eyebrows.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    the only thing that terrified me was jack nicholson's eyebrows.

ROFLMAO! The one thing I noticed in the book was that at no point whatsoever did it have a line where he says 'Heeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!' And I probably only noticed it because when I bought it my two sisters who were on holiday with me kept going 'Heeeeeeeeere's Naomi' at my baby sister. Is it like missing out important bits Harry Potter (REALLY important bits and noticable) or LOTR (not so important and not so noticable)? But I'm sure that film would scare me, it doesn't take a lot!