Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Help Me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need to make some money by Friday.

Any suggestions?

I've listed everything I possibly can at Ebay and on various "For Sale" LiveJournal sites.

I have also borrowed as much as people will give me.

Anyone ever been desperate for cash? What did you do?

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    i dunno - what you need the money for?
    Leeds Festival

I have maxed out two credit cards, my friend bought my ticket for me, so I owe her that money. I have an overdraft limit that I am overdrawn on. I got a cash advance of £100 from my Dorothy Perkins store card.

Meh, I reckon all in all I owe about £10,000 if you include my student loan (two years). And I only work 11.5 hours a week.

Meh, just an excuse for me to moan about money really isn't it, lol!

I'm only young once, and I actually don't mind about the debt, but..... I just want to be able to afford some stuff at the festival!
  • Options
    I don't get it. If you're in shit for money why are you spending it going to some festivel?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    I don't get it. If you're in shit for money why are you spending it going to some festival?
    Not a huge music fan then?

The money is for the festival. I have money in an account that I could use, but that money pays my store and credit card bills. I am not stupid enough to not pay the most important things first.

I just made plans at the last minute to go to this festival so I had already spent all my wages, or promised to other causes, lol.
  • Options
    sell yourself tbh

rarghhh
    see you at leeds
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    sell yourself tbh

rarghhh
    see you at leeds
    LMAO! Yeah, right..... £2.50 anyone??
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    LMAO! Yeah, right..... £2.50 anyone??

heh id give ya 2 at a deal,but tbh i want my toes sucked
  • Options
    Re: Help Me
    I need to make some money by Friday.

If you had posted this yesterday I would have said Car Boot Sale because you can make a fortune selling what you class as rubbish. I know Sedgefield used to do a car boot on a Thursday evening (not sure if they still do). so if you can have one before Friday it could help.

Failing that be nice to *mummy* :D
  • Options
    [B
    I'm only young once, and I actually don't mind about the debt, but..... [/B]
    your only old once as well! if the only young attitude rules your life, by the time your 25 you'll be up to your ears in debt and will by then have trained yourself to want and expect ever more but won't be able to have it. the direction your going is called unhappiness. we often don't realise what we have until we loose it ...to late then.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Help Me
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Failing that be nice to *mummy* :D
    Lol, she has less money than I do. :eek2: