Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Great Customer Service stories

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since we have a thread about crappy customer stories - might as well be fair and have a thread for great customer service stories .. I just can't think of any myself.

Although when I was in London a few weeks ago I went to a pizza place called ICCO and this one person working there was extra nice to me and got me chilly oil and stuff - but I reckon it was only cos they fancied me ..... would have been nice but it was another guy!!! :nervous:

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    we got a couple of 'sorry we missed you' post office cards through the door last week, and i went off to the royal mail offices to collect them.

the lady who served me could only find one parcel for us, and looked twice just to be sure. she said she was almost positive they were for the same parcel, but if i left my phone number, she'd check. this was on a friday and i promptly forgot all about it.

then on the monday i got a call from her. she had checked the ID number of the driver, and asked him personally if he remembered anything about our parcel. turns out the guy remembered it cause it was HUGE, and both cards were for the same parcel.

i was most impressed. she was a very nice lady.
  • Options
    Our local collection thing has clampers waiting for people to come collect their mail - as soon as you go in they clamp you. They just sit in the car park and wait for the business to come to them.
  • Options
    I've got two stories.

My Pioneer DVD drive was 11 months old, and started occasionally making the odd noise. At 13 months old it started playing up big time, and wouldn't read disks most of the time. :( Then it just gave up. It was just out of warranty (12 months), but I thought I would ask Pioneer if it could be repaired (this is when DVD drives were still £75+.
    I emailed them, and got a phone call back asking if I still had the receipt for it. I did, and they asked me to send a copy, which I scanned and emailed. They emailed me back to say send it in, and they would have a look at it. Cost me about £7 to post it, and I thought they would end up saying it was hopeless. Two weeks later I recieve a brand new DVD drive!!! :hyper: Yay for Pioneer! :thumb:

My 19 monitor, made by Belinea, started doing strange things. It was two years old, and had a three year warranty. I gave them a call, they asked for the serial number, and then said "are you in tomorrow, and we'll pick it up, and drop another off" Wahey!
    Actually they didn't come the next day, but the day after, picked up my broken monitor, and dropped off a brand spanking new one!!! :hyper: However, the new monitor had a flaw where the centre of the screen was fuzzy.
    I gave them a call, and two days later they picked it up, and dropped off another monitor. This was a repaired monitor, rather than a new one. And I would've accepted that (it was like for like I suppose), but this one had fuzzy edges to the screen, and the screen area wasn't as large (despite being a 19" monitor).
    I gave them a call, and early the following week they came again, picked up the monitor, and dropped off another reconditioned and repaired monitor. It was identical to my old monitor, and was perfect this time (third time lucky!). I'm still using that monitor about a year later. So, even though there was some problems with the replacements, they did their job quickly and efficiently, and I was happy at the end od the day. So yay for Belinea! :thumb:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'd personally like to think that I offer Great customer service all the time :)

I'd probably say Halifax bank have overall good customer service, but o2 is wank.
  • Options
    Hmm I can't remember...that's what I get for giving crap customer service where I work. I'm polite, I smile and I'm as helpful as possible - but I know nothing. lol.

I can remember crap customer service though - Virgin mobile! They have stolen my £10 credit. :| Bastards. And then I have to phone up the customer service line, be subjected to S club juniors for ages and then they tell me the line is busy. :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    My 19 monitor, made by Belinea, started doing strange things. It was two years old, and had a three year warranty. I gave them a call, they asked for the serial number, and then said "are you in tomorrow, and we'll pick it up, and drop another off" Wahey!
    Actually they didn't come the next day, but the day after, picked up my broken monitor, and dropped off a brand spanking new one!!! :hyper: However, the new monitor had a flaw where the centre of the screen was fuzzy.
    I gave them a call, and two days later they picked it up, and dropped off another monitor. This was a repaired monitor, rather than a new one. And I would've accepted that (it was like for like I suppose), but this one had fuzzy edges to the screen, and the screen area wasn't as large (despite being a 19" monitor).
    I gave them a call, and early the following week they came again, picked up the monitor, and dropped off another reconditioned and repaired monitor. It was identical to my old monitor, and was perfect this time (third time lucky!). I'm still using that monitor about a year later. So, even though there was some problems with the replacements, they did their job quickly and efficiently, and I was happy at the end od the day. So yay for Belinea! :thumb:

Mr_Wobble ;)

Almost the exact same thing happened with my 19 inch monitor from Hansol.

It started playing up about 1 month before the 3 year warranty ran out. The picked it up and gave me a reconditioned one - they didn't have the same exact model so they sent me a newer version - trouble was the newer version wasn't as good as the older one - the new one could only connectt o one PC - whilst the old one could connect to two different PC's at the same time - this monitor also had scratches on the screen - so I called them and they picked that one up and sent me another monitor - this one was fine-been using it ever since.

I've found all monitor company's to be very good in replacing their screen - espacially the Korean companies!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    but o2 is wank.

Hmm, I think O2 is good for customer service. But that might be coz they have sexy voices who answer..
  • Options
    When I was in Canada we were either at a McDonald's or burger King and they have a policy that if they screw up part of your order you get another one of the same item free - they gave us the wrong soft drink and hence replaced it plus gave us another one free - which totally went to waste - if they'd really wanted to be helpful they should have either given us some kind of voucher to use another time - or offered us something like extra fries or something else thatw ould have been consumed - nice to see they made the attempt at customer service but shame it was misguided.