Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Digital TV

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im thinking of getting digital tv so i wanted anyones opinions on the best providers, packages etc etc
I want a package so i can watch sports, music, and movies mostly.
thanks

Comments

• Options
    Sky or Cable, My uncle works for cable so like the Simpsons, We are stealing Cable!
  • Options
    I have only ever had sky so I'm going to say sky.
  • Options
    sky

ive had both, sky is much better value and you get a hell of a lot more for your money
  • Options
    Originally posted by Nastroman
    sky

ive had both, sky is much better value and you get a hell of a lot more for your money

We don't pay though *Does little dance* :p
  • Options
    If you want the most number of channels then Sky Digital is the only choice.

we have Sky Digital and Freeview - Freeview is pretty rubbish really - but I got the box from a place that takes anything back - even a year or two later so I'll probably just take it back eventually. Of course there's no monthly fee - so it's a once off purchase.

Cable is probabaly a better signal - sky can go all blocky - espacially in heavy rain.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    If you want the most number of channels then Sky Digital is the only choice.

we have Sky Digital and Freeview - Freeview is pretty rubbish really - but I got the box from a place that takes anything back - even a year or two later so I'll probably just take it back eventually. Of course there's no monthly fee - so it's a once off purchase.

Cable is probabaly a better signal - sky can go all blocky - espacially in heavy rain.

My mums friend isnt allowed a dish outside her house, so her tv goes like a jigsaw every ten mins when she watches sky digital.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bart Buddy
    My mums friend isnt allowed a dish outside her house, so her tv goes like a jigsaw every ten mins when she watches sky digital.

You mean the dish is on the inside??

The nw dishes are so small and look better then most TV Antennas.

Oh and you can get a cover for the dish that looks like brickwork - so it blends into the wall.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    You mean the dish is on the inside??

The nw dishes are so small and look better then most TV Antennas.

Oh and you can get a cover for the dish that looks like brickwork - so it blends into the wall.

No. She was told she couldnt have a dish outside her house, so she doesnt get a good reception. But the cover seem a good idea.
  • Options
    Have you got Telewest Broadband cables because some areas of the country don't. Head over to the Telewest Broadband website and see if you can. If you can, you could check out ntl:home. all the decent Sky channels, but cheaper.
  • Options
    Sky do a better deal for sports and movies.

Keep looking out for the deals sky and cable are always offering like at the moment NTL:home are offering free installation and there are always many deals from sky usually £1 or £10 for installation depending on where you go.
  • Options
    Re: Digital TV
    Originally posted by AlexTheKing
    Im thinking of getting digital tv so i wanted anyones opinions on the best providers, packages etc etc
    I want a package so i can watch sports, music, and movies mostly.
    thanks

Every now and then Sky Digital do a deal that if you buy it from their website you can get it installed for £1, its a good deal, i got it myself. The only thing is that you have to have their top package for the first month which is about £38. still it beats paying about £100 for intallation :yes: