Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Rangers to sell Barry FergusHun?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Interesting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3150791.stm

I genuinely belive that they either have to sell players, forget any hopes of winning anything for a while, or go into administration.

Tough choice.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It would be a real shame if Barry does go but if he doesn't want to stay there really isn't much we can do. I think he has proved season after season that he is a top class player and could probably compete is any league. Question is though how much ££ would Rangers get for him?
  • Options
    It's pretty awful timing.

I can see why he wants to go mind you - unless Rangers qualify for the CL (which is looking unlikely based on last weeks performance) Scottish football has nothing to offer him really. Although if he goes to Blackburn or one of the other clubs apparantly interested in him he's gonna win nothing and not really get the chance of European football.

He seems to want to go though so there's not much point in him staying if his heart isn't in it anymore.

If he goes and Arteta stays then things shouldn't be too bad cos Arteta prefers Barry's position anyway and I think he could do well, but if Arteta goes as well then we're in serious trouble.

I just worry about how much we'll get for him - the papers are saying around £7mill which I don't think is enough.

I can see it being a tough season for Rangers :(
  • Options
    if he does want to go i wouldnt mind chelsea signing him as i really rate him
  • Options
    Unfortunately my beloved Gers seem to be in a bit of a shambles at the moment due to the economic situation that is blighting all clubs in Scotland - even the Old Firm who used to have no problems paying top amounts of money for plyaers.

Who have we signed this summer? Hmmmmmm not much to write home about there!

Who have we lost? Amoruso, Konterman, Numan and Caniigga to name a few, all top quality first-call players. In my view, Blackburn got Amoruso at a steal for only £1.5m!

And now it is will he or wont he with Barry Ferguson!

At this rate we have no hope of going foward into the Champions Leauge, whereas our great rivals seem to have one foot in that door already

sigh - it really does beggar belief what is going on just now at Ibrox!
  • Options
    you know what i really hate?

bad losers :p
    like you know the kind, just because they have lost a match will come and try to assult players :mad:
  • Options
    I support Celtic so Im glad to see him go.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mocha_1977
    Who have we signed this summer? Hmmmmmm not much to write home about there!

Who have we lost? Amoruso, Konterman, Numan and Caniigga to name a few, all top quality first-call players. In my view, Blackburn got Amoruso at a steal for only £1.5m!

Are you sure you're a Rangers fan?

Amoruso and Numan are a big loss. We may miss Caniggia when the Pars come to town, but he was hardly a top-drawer player. Konterman a "top quality first-call player"? Stay of the drugs m'dear.

In come:

Henning Berg - Vastly experienced at club and international level, and a European Cup winner.

Vanoli - Has played in one of the World's top leagues for years, and also a UEFA Cup winner.

Capucho - Another UEFA Cup winner. Remember his performance at Parkhead against Celtic in the Champion's League? Top stuff that was.

Khizanishvili has looked excellent since he arrived, and Michael Ball is like a whole new player (and more than an adequate replacement for Numan).

Don't believe what the media and the diddy team fans tell you.
  • Options
    Re: Rangers to sell Barry FergusHun?
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I genuinely belive that they either have to sell players, forget any hopes of winning anything for a while, or go into administration.

Isn't it such a shame that what you "genuinely belive" doesn't matter at all?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by EssEmm

Henning Berg - Vastly experienced at club and international level, and a European Cup winner

LMAO, his legs have gone.

Vanoli - Has played in one of the World's top leagues for years, and also a UEFA Cup winner.

Do you remember the hype around Konterman before he joined. Apparently Man United and Arsenal were after him.

Success elsewhere doesn't guarantee sucess in Scotland.

Don't believe what the media and the diddy team fans tell you.

Yeah, just read the Rangers News :rolleyes:

Fact of the matter is, Rangers are a sinking ship that would have already probably been sunk by now if it wasn't for Ferguson teaching McLeish all he knows at Aberdeen. Remember that.

No captain, no leadership, no money.

Nothing would satisfy me more than to see you West coast rat shaggers go into liquidation :thumb:
  • Options
    Rangers have got the advantage of having David Murray - as long as he's around, he won't let us sink.

I was quite shocked when I came back from holiday and picked up a paper at the airport and saw we had sold Ferguson and had brought in Emerson... that woke me up!

Our defence is getting back together after losing Amoruso, but in Berg we have a very solid defender - his performances in the CL are particularly impressive (although last night he took out Ricksen - that was a nasty moment). Michael Ball has been fantastic too since he came back, and he's still only young, and Zura has also been a revelation. Arteta is getting better and better, and Emerson has started his time here well. And we must not forget Klos - our rock in goal rarely lets us down.

Last night was proof of ourhunger and desire, and now I'm very optimistic about our chances - I haven't experienced an atmosphere like that at Ibrox for ages (apart from that last game of last season, maybe) and I think the only way is up for the club. Two years ago, even though we might have had better players, I don't think we would have won that match. We can get a lot of money from the CL this season, and the finances are in very capable hands.

Poor Barry - he's not even in the Champions' League!

PS Bri-namite - I agree with you on Bert - I rememeber the Daily Record called him "the best defender in the world" when he came! Still, he was better than Celtic's £5m Rafael Scheit... (who truly lived up to his name!)