Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Giving up...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you think that people these days give up on love too easily? Say, one of you was in the army or navy and it meant you were away for long periods of a few months. Would you accept that as part of the deal or would you find someone else? I know it's a strain on a relationship but no job lasts forever and given time, things would work out - part of a quick fix generation?

Do you think it's an outdated ideal that two people meet, fall in love and stick with each other even if they are apart?

Comments

• Options
    Life is not about settling with someone now, women, people in general have more freedom and opportunities. To my granma, all she wanted was a family and a homelife, all I wanna do is have fun, get a good career and travel, relationships and kids are not on my agenda, thank you very much :D not that im not interested in men :naughty: I just want their bodies :flirt:
  • Options
    i'm 21 i've had my few years of drinking/sex/fooling around, especially uni years.
    i'd like to settle down now
    get a job leading to a career and settle with one woman
    been with my girlfriend about 4 months now, she feels right, like no1 else did. thing is, she'll be going to uni, that means a long distance relationship.
    i'm prepared to deal with seeing her once-twice a month (after seeing each other ever single day that'll be harsh). i'm in love with her and prepared to take it as part of the deal. it's her education, it's important to her and that means to me as well, we both trust each other and i know that when she'll finish, we'll propably end up living together...
    besides after being with her for four months i've forgotten how to pull :lol::lol::lol::lol: so even if i wanted to (not that i do), i wouldn't be able to......:lol: