Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Three Funerals

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
Today is the third time in under 10 months that I've got to attend a funeral for one of my closest mates - all were killed in horrific traffic accidents within 3 miles of each other.

Living in a village we have a close group of mates that used to number about 20, but in the last 3 years I've lost 4 of my mates. Why do all my mates seem to be dying - this can't be normal! :(

I even had trouble getting the day of work because they had trouble believing that another one of my mates had died.
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :( I'm sorry to hear that, but it's just one of those things. There's no reason really it's just how life works...
  • Options
    :(

I'm sorry to hear that, that's really sad.

Yeah...life just has weird ways of operating sometimes, which just aren't fair.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Skive. Are the local authorities/police doing anything abut the stretch of road?

And I know how you feel about work not believing you. One of my mates Dad's died and I asked if I could get the pm off to goto the funeral. My Boss told me that compassionate leave was only granted for funerals for close family. I had known this Dad for about 15 years and was one of my best mates Dad's. I had to take a holiday.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Sorry to hear that Skive. Are the local authorities/police doing anything abut the stretch of road?

And I know how you feel about work not believing you. One of my mates Dad's died and I asked if I could get the pm off to goto the funeral. My Boss told me that compassionate leave was only granted for funerals for close family. I had known this Dad for about 15 years and was one of my best mates Dad's. I had to take a holiday.

What? That's so harsh. I would have just called in sick.

Yeah they should do something about that stretch of road. I hate cars. :(
  • Options
    Thats really shit mate, i am thinking of you.

*Hugs*
  • Options
    Re: Three Funerals
    Originally posted by Skive
    I even had trouble getting the day of work because they had trouble believing that another one of my mates had died.

That's lame. I dont think they should be able to deny compassionate leave, unless its some dickhead who had compassionate leave 5 times because their grandparents died :rolleyes:

But yeah, we're all thinking of you
  • Options
    Sorry to hear.

I know it is really shit when you loose a friend, especially when they are Young.
    When young uns die, it is hard to deal with , but one thing i can promise is that it does get easier. You just have to try and understand that it is their time to go!

:(
  • Options
    I meant to say the grandparents dont remarry.
  • Options
    Re: Three Funerals
    Originally posted by Skive
    Today is the third time in under 10 months that I've got to attend a funeral for one of my closest mates - all were killed in horrific traffic accidents within 3 miles of each other.

Living in a village we have a close group of mates that used to number about 20, but in the last 3 years I've lost 4 of my mates. Why do all my mates seem to be dying - this can't be normal! :(

Out of interest were these friends of yours wearing seatbelts?

My sister's friend deied when he drove into a tree - but he didn't have a seatbelt on - if he did - he'd be alive without a doubt - instead he flew through the windscreen.

i find it hard - espacially after the Diana crash that people don't wear seatbelts - anyone that saw the crash could see that the most crushed piece of the car was were that bodyguard was sitting - and yet he survived because at the last minute he put his seatbelt on.