Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Trading In - Your Old Mobile Phone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've seen in the past some suppliers give you money back if you trade in your old mobile phone - but they usually ask for the charger and Manual as well - has anyone done this before?

I have a dead old phone a friend gave me with a charger but no manual - but see the CPWH will offer a £50 for £30 if I have something to trade in.

You pay £50 for the new phone and they send you back £20 when they get the old phone - but not sure if not manual would be a problem.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Trading In - Your Old Mobile Phone
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I've seen in the past some suppliers give you money back if you trade in your old mobile phone - but they usually ask for the charger and Manual as well - has anyone done this before?
    Yes.
  • Options
    And .. what happened did you do it by post or in person - what stuff did they ask for withthe phone - i.e. battery, etc - did it have to be working??

More details please??
  • Options
    Errr...went to the shop, handed it in, with the battery, charger, and user guide thingy. Doesnt have to be working or have a SIM card.
  • Options
    Which shop did you deal with?

This offer is with Carphone Warehouse but for Virgin mobile phone

I have a Massive Motorola graphite Phone - working and everything - Haven't used it in years - although works perfectly.

Don't know if I have the manual though - will have to lookin the loft.

Although really wanted to get rid of my friend's phone old phone - but he didn't have a manual.

Actually I have an old Sony mobile phone - Analouge - wonder if they'd take that instead - being Analouge it would be totally useless to me now. And I think I might have the manual somewhere .. think they take that as a trade in?
  • Options
    It was with Carephone warehouse and it didnt matter which phone it was at all.
  • Options
    Cool, i might offer my cousin my old phone to trade in then - cos I'm fed up giving him phones - I gave him an Ericsson phone and he lost it - then lent him the phone I wanted my dad to have for 1 day and he lost it on the bus - along with his laptop ... luckily some honest guy phone the phone and laptop and saw that I'd writtena phone number underneath to call if it was lost.

Anyway my cousin is really clumsy and absent minded so it's better he pays for his own phone next time I think.
  • Options
    what they do with the old mobiles that you trade in then?
  • Options
    I sold 2 phones to a little second hand shop in Wigan (well it's not just second hand stuff but their phones are). I had to hand in the phones and chargers. I also gave them the manuals and boxes but not the SIM card. I didn't get all that much for them but it helped to go towards my new phone :)
  • Options
    I'm guessing the handing over the Manual helps prove the phone isn't stolen to them.
  • Options
    When I got my other phone I handed in my old ericsson without any of the bits, because that was all I had on me. If I had known I would have taken my even older phone instead tbh. :D
  • Options