Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Eye contact

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What does it mean when you're having a conversation, but there's very little eye contact? I know it's not a good sign, but I can't remember exactly what it shows. Today I was talking to a friend and noticed that they were looking around everywhere, except at me. What does this mean?

Comments

• Options
    either bored or nervous I'd say
  • Options
    Maybe they are shy??
  • Options
    Or feeling guilty?
  • Options
    shy gulilty bored, whatever, they dont want to properly interact with you and they are keeping something away from you, unless they were on drugs
  • Options
    I have a mate that only makes eye contact with people he's really close to, and another who rarely does at all. Either they're shy or they don't like you and want to get away. :p

But probably the former. :yes:
  • Options
    Could be because they are shy, bored, not interested or want to be far away as possible, thats what i think anyway :)
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't think it's shyness, he's quite an outgoing person. we don't know each other that well, so probably could just be awkwardness - we've been at the same school for 7 years but our paths never really crossed.
  • Options
    it can also mean

absolute fuck all
  • Options
    I am very shy when it comes to talking to people I don't know, and sometimes with people I do know. I hardly ever make eye contact, and I'm so conscious of it, and I know it's not very nice for the other person, but um, I dunno, I just can't help it. I think I'm scared I'll scare them by staring at them :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    it can also mean

absolute fuck all

LOL so true..:lol: