Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Most Serious problem!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats the most serious injury/illness/malady you've ever personally had?

Mine was Open heart surgery at the age of 6 to fix a faulty valve and a congenital birth defect......or be dead at like 12!

so...over to you guys

Comments

• Options
    Hydronephrosis.

4 hour operation at Great Ormond Street.

Given a week or two to live without the operation.
  • Options
    The worst must have been when i got bursitis, nothing serious, however the worst i felt, was with an ear op! :(
  • Options
    the most serious is probably salmonella but it wasnt that serious as major life threatening or ive had bronchitis. All feeble and little annoying things, nothing major, thank my lucky stars.
  • Options
    I've had one op in my life, and that to remove 8 baby teeth when I was 6 because I had double the amount of teeth im supposed to have ( an extra set of baby teeth)
  • Options
    Apart from a termination which is hardly an illness I've never been hospitalised so I guess German Measles is the worst I've ever suffered.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    I've had one op in my life, and that to remove 8 baby teeth when I was 6 because I had double the amount of teeth im supposed to have ( an extra set of baby teeth)

You freak :eek2: :crazyeyes :eek:

I once had to dig a splinter out of my finger.
  • Options
    my most serious i explained in my original post i've also had/done:
    Broken shoulder
    Disloacted Shoulder
    Fractured ankle
    Broken Jaw
    Broken Nose
    Several severe gashes to legs
    about 3 head wounds
    knocked unconcious twice
    bruised kidneys
    Bruised Back
    Slipped Discs

and no i'm not a professional suntman lol

Just kinda do dangeous things! hey gotta live life to the extreme!
  • Options
    Hmm and both my shins are currently fractured. My finger is discolated, ive broken a bone in my hand and wrist. Thats it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Stinger
    Broken shoulder
    Disloacted Shoulder
    Fractured ankle
    Broken Jaw
    Broken Nose
    about 3 head wounds
    knocked unconcious twice
    bruised kidneys
    Bruised Back
    Slipped Discs

and no i'm not a professional suntman lol

Just kinda do dangeous things! hey gotta live life to the extreme!

AWWWW bless!!

ive just got glanduler fever, with 2 infections, 1 been akidney one, and this (i hope) is as bad as its gonna get!

Stinger, come live with me! i'll look after you! ;);)

LV H xox
  • Options
    Re: Most Serious problem!!

Mine was Open heart surgery at the age of 6 to fix a faulty valve and a congenital birth defect......or be dead at like 12!

Gawd now thats major aint it.

Well ive had nothing anywhere near as bad as that but had something called osteomilitis (sp) which I beleive was a diseased bone in my leg. Had to have a pot on for ages and I got spoilt rotten :lol:
    Ive had adhesions(sp) was in overnight.
    and a couple of minor things, so I aint done so bad :D
  • Options
    Broken shoulder
    Disloacted Shoulder
    Fractured ankle
    Broken Jaw
    Broken Nose
    about 3 head wounds
    knocked unconcious twice
    bruised kidneys
    Bruised Back
    Slipped Discs

ouch :eek:

i think the wost i've ever felt was when i had gastroenteritus (i cant spell it)
  • Options
    yeah ouch! i think with a couple of exceptions, then i've really brought them all on myself lol
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Gawd now thats major aint it.

Yeah it was fairly major but hasn't stopped me since :D in fact i think i have a better life for it
  • Options
    When I was a baby from when my mum had her 30 weeks scan to when she gave birth to me I did not grow and this was because I was only eating a small amount because my umbilical cord was like a 3rd of what it should be. :| This made it so I wasn’t feeding enough and the doctors said to mother that if I was 5LBs when I popped out she would be a very lucky lady. :) I was infact over 5LBs.

And I have broken my arm. That is about it. :/
  • Options
    worst ive had was being hit by a car when i was 12, it pulled my arm out of the socket and had to have gravel removed from my head and my shoulder with a wire brush, without anaesthetic.
    Ive got my arm in plaster at the moment after i broke it snowboarding, but the plaster comes off this friday Yippee!
  • Options
    i had whooping cough when I was little, and i did something to my neck which meant i couldnt move it for about 4 weeks. that hurt. but i dont know what i did :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ooh when i had an ulcer on my eyeball - that was the worst agony ever. Id rather give birth that have that again. I got it sleeping with my contact lenses in too often.
  • Options
    mine would have to be my ear VERY PAINFUL:( :(:(
  • Options
    yes i know some you will say self inflicted but ... for me it has to be drug addiction. coming off the drugs in a dungeon and feeling vey alone.
  • Options
    Broken shoulder........

Christ Stinger that's some list. I thought I was clumsy/unlucky/accident prove.stupid. :D

I've

Broke my nose.
    Fractured my collar-bone.
    dislocated my shoulder
    broke my hand twice (I now have the bones fused together in my right hand due to complications with the healing)
    broke and bruised more ribs than I care to remember
    broke my knee
    fractured my leg in two places. Twice!
    But sorest one believe it or not was when I broke and dislocated one of my toes. Nearly twisted the damn thing off.

Most off the above have been injuries due to martial arts. Rest through drunken nights.
  • Options
    mine would be when i used to have fits all the time and it was something to do with brain damage? :confused::p

Or when I was really young I kinda smashed my eye socket on this pole. an inch to the left and it would have gone into my eye and all the way thru.. = no shyboy :(

but it didnt :D but i swear i can't remember that now! I just have this deformed skull :D so cool. my temple on my right side is like. crushed :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Morrocan roll
    yes i know some you will say self inflicted but ... for me it has to be drug addiction. coming off the drugs in a dungeon and feeling vey alone.

Not always self in flicted some people get pressureed into this kinda thing, personally i'd say well done for beating this!
    Originally posted by NijaMaster
    Most off the above have been injuries due to martial arts

Ditto :D

well about half, the rest from doing silly drunken things

Broken ankle, result of a 12ft drop onto concrete pavement
  • Options
    I was playing roller hockey in france and smashed my front teeth out, with my jaw being wired, 7 stiches in my lip and having to be on liquids for 3 months and semi solids for 3 months - yuck

now I have a bridge that looks so real no one knows -

but I can still feel the scar tissue 10 years on

other that that about a million scars from various mountain bike racing/trainning accidents
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    It would have to be when I binned my bike. I used to have this nifty 125 and was coming back from college on a wet day and all of a sudden a car pulled out in front of me. All I remember was lying there quite oblivious to what had happened with the rain tapping on my helmet. Next thing I know I'm waking up in intensive care after having heart surgery and my spleen removed. My chest had hit the side of the car and I'd split my aorta. I was out of hospital in three days. I now have a scar that runs from my arm pit right round to the centre of my chest.

I was awarded a total of £20000 from the drivers inssurance company which is now hidden away (still untouched) until I have to buy a house! :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    I was awarded a total of £20000 from the drivers inssurance company which is now hidden away (still untouched) until I have to buy a house! :D

That's very responsible of you. I'd have blown the lot by now.
  • Options
    I also fell of my bike and smashed my front teeth and cut my chin open, that was pretty bad. I have capped teeth at the front now and a scar on my chin.
  • Options
    Originally posted by EssEmm
    You freak :eek2: :crazyeyes :eek:

Thanks for that :|
  • Options
    Being diagnosed with spina bifida before I was born. Mummy was ready to get rid, but then the doctor told her the diagnosis was wrong. Phew.

I come into the world, the umbilical cord gets wrapped round my neck. I almost choke to death. I lived.

Since then, I've been pretty much fine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Being diagnosed with spina bifida before I was born. Mummy was ready to get rid, but then the doctor told her the diagnosis was wrong. Phew.

I come into the world, the umbilical cord gets wrapped round my neck. I almost choke to death. I lived.

Since then, I've been pretty much fine.

Well that went smoothly :/
  • Options
    The first most life threating....

was Apendesitus(sorry cant spell)
    I had to have an emergency op to remove my appendix, or it would have burst, and i would be dead.

Second , I have a typical cells in my cervix, which is the begining stages of cancer and i had to be quaterised.

then i boke my nose , (too much drink ,and weed) i passed out and smashed my face on a wall!!

Other than that , i am fairly healthy , except for the fact that i catch everything that is going around, low immune system!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by slinkyGirl1
    Other than that , i am fairly healthy , except for the fact that i catch everything that is going around, low immune system!!!

hehe I have a really strong immune system. :p i think its cos of my rly fast metabolism :)