Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What's The Biggest Cock-Up You've Made (or Almost Made?)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think mine would be when I was put in charge of transferring the company funds to the parent company and I totally forgot at the end of the month to do it until like hours just before 5pm deadline ... luckily I rushed and transferred the £8 million or whatever it was - it was a slow month and a much smaller amount then usual - in the past months it was more like £16 million or something....

So what's yours?

Comments

• Options
    Mixed up the date of my Higher Modern Studies exam. Got a nasty surprise when someone phoned me and asked what I thought of it, when I thought it wasn't till the next day :(

When I was working in a video shop, I almost deleted the whole computerised database. Customers, transactions, videos, the lot.

Ooops.
  • Options
    defrosting the freezer when it was still on. with a hairdryer.

it broke.

or leaving mine, my boyfriend's and my daughter's passports in a hotel room in Disneyland and not realising til we got to the airport.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Mixed up the date of my Higher Modern Studies exam. Got a nasty surprise when someone phoned me and asked what I thought of it, when I thought it wasn't till the next day :(

When I was in High School I did GCSE Electronics as an extra subject - there was only 2 other people in the entire school doing it.

anyway no one mentioned (To me anyway) that the exam takes place way earlier then the other GCSE's - so one day I come in and find out we've got the exam in like a 30 minutes!!

Sat the Exam and got a "C" - If I'd known about it would have studied and most likely have got a "B".
  • Options
    Putting £200 worth of ice cream in the fridge to quickly deal with some customers then completely forgetting about it :razz: ! They tried to dock it from my wages, but as it wasn't my responsibility anyway (the Ice cream man was supposed to do it) and I threatened to quit if they did :D . They caved! muhahaha!:hyper:
  • Options
    Ruining the best relationship i've ever had when i was young an stupid [

like a year ago, i'm still young and stupid though...

yes i am feeling sorry for myself today if you hadn't noticed
  • Options
    hmmm most of my cock-ups involve cooking!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bristolmike
    Putting £200 worth of ice cream in the fridge to quickly deal with some customers then completely forgetting about it :razz: ! They tried to dock it from my wages, but as it wasn't my responsibility anyway (the Ice cream man was supposed to do it) and I threatened to quit if they did :D . They caved! muhahaha!:hyper:

By fridge do you actually mean you put it in a fridge instead of a freezer?
  • Options
    when i was working in a foreign exchange last summer, a couple came in with £2000 in cash, wanting £1000 worth or US dollars and £1000 of something which we didn't have in stock, i forget what.

so i ordered the currency for them, and counted out the £1000 worth of dollars.

as they were leaving, i noticed £1000 on the top, which i thought was the money for the currency we didn't have, and called them back to give it to them.

turns out it was the £1000 for the US dollars, and i'd just given them $1500 for free.

luckily they came back as soon as they realised. i was SO grateful to them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    when i was working in a foreign exchange last summer, a couple came in with £2000 in cash, wanting £1000 worth or US dollars and £1000 of something which we didn't have in stock, i forget what.

so i ordered the currency for them, and counted out the £1000 worth of dollars.

as they were leaving, i noticed £1000 on the top, which i thought was the money for the currency we didn't have, and called them back to give it to them.

turns out it was the £1000 for the US dollars, and i'd just given them $1500 for free.

luckily they came back as soon as they realised. i was SO grateful to them.

someone did that to us when we were on holiday. my dad went to change some money and came out with about £400 too much. He went back and handed it in :) The woman was sooooo greatful!
  • Options
    When I went clubbing last week It was supposed to be £8 to get in and I gave them a £10 note - they gave me back £4 in change - £2 extra - but didn't say nothing!!! .. If it was like some small Corner shop or something I would have - but they got their money back at the bar anyway!!!