Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Polyamory Marriages and the legality of it

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
fwfwfa

Comments

• Options
    one of the american states i think.

If ur happy why not just stay in a relationship without getting married? That way you can live pretty much wherever you like..... good luck 2 ya mate anyways :)
  • Options
    my mums friends brother is in a polyamorous marriage in America, theyve also got a baby, which apparently looks nothing like my mums friends brother, and everything like the other mans, although they are drawing up a contract so that in the event of a split, both men would be financially responsible. It was in two magazines in Britain recently. I think its a bit weird to be honest, but each to their own.
  • Options
    The Polyamory Society

The Polyamory Society's website is pretty comprehensive, click here to see for yourself.
    :)
  • Options
    I also think it is odd, but I am in absolutely in no position to judge others. If you convert to Quaker...ism, if you become a Quaker, then I think you can be a polygimist ( unless you are one of the one) anywhere in America, because I think it is illegal to deprive you of your rights. They can not comprimise on religion. I think it is in the Decleration of Independence.
  • Options
    awdwd
  • Options
    Originally posted by Neom
    I have indeed heard of the american couple, been in 2 magazines that I'm aware of, woman called Quinn, yes?
    :
    yes thats the one.