Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Holidays from Hell type programmes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
:mad: they annoy me sooooo much. people go on holiday to Bulgaria and then complain because the hotel serves Bulgarian food and not chips :mad: Don't go if you don't like their food!!

And then another couple complains that the Kids Club reps only speak German. Gah, all they were doing was dancing - how do you need to be able to speak German to dance? I was a kids club rep last summer and we had a load of Dutch kids who didn't speak any English. But they loved it, there are other ways of communicating!

I do not like these programmes!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I hate that whole attitude that a lot of Brits have when they go abroad. What is the point of going on holiday if you don't want to experience another culture and try something new?
  • Options
    Originally posted by squat_tom
    I hate that whole attitude that a lot of Brits have when they go abroad. What is the point of going on holiday if you don't want to experience another culture and try something new?

exactly :yes:

i can't stand it when Brits complain that the locals don't speak English or that they don't serve chips with everything. God, appreciate the culture of the country you're visiting!!