Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Tips PLEASE

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really need to calm down i feel like i'm gonna explode. those of you on my lj list will know why. I am preggie for those who dont know so i need a good way to calm down without hurting myself or the baby. Thanks

ps any breathing techiques you can suggest?

Comments

• Options
    find somewhere quiet, preferably with flowing water, and sit down.

close your eyes and imagine all the anger is in your head

take in a deep breath, and with the breath imagine the anger is falling, towards your neck.

exhale after a few seconds

Inhale again, and feel the anger dropping further

Repeat until you feel the anger has gone out of your toes, and into the ground...

Works for me anyway. :)
  • Options
    oooh a nice bath with radox alway does me....lock yourself away from everyone...then treat yourself to your fave snax and something read a few mags or something you love to read. Watching a comefy is good too :D
  • Options
    Re: Tips PLEASE
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I really need to calm down i feel like i'm gonna explode. those of you on my lj list will know why. I am preggie for those who dont know so i need a good way to calm down without hurting myself or the baby. Thanks

ps any breathing techiques you can suggest?
    try this ...switch all apliances off. even your mobile. sit in a very comfy chair.dirnk of whatever ..tea milk alco whatever. force your self to stop ...the body and mind. you are stopping for half an hour everything.
    sit back and tell yourself that all the discenting voices in your head can now say their peice. what is it you desire ...what would make everything ok? and the other voice ...no point in that, it's never going to happen. i call this one mr neggo. let the sad the bad and the mad all have a say inside your astounding mind.
    the trick being to let one of the voices answer another ...but wht do say it's pointless ...get my drift?
    let all the disscenting voices literaly hold a meeting in your head.
    whilst you switch off the outside world for half an hour and physicaly RELAX ...at the end or when you have had enough ask yourself if you learnt anything.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Tips PLEASE
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    try this ...switch all apliances off. even your mobile. sit in a very comfy chair.dirnk of whatever ..tea milk alco whatever. force your self to stop ...the body and mind. you are stopping for half an hour everything.
    sit back and tell yourself that all the discenting voices in your head can now say their peice. what is it you desire ...what would make everything ok? and the other voice ...no point in that, it's never going to happen. i call this one mr neggo. let the sad the bad and the mad all have a say inside your astounding mind.
    the trick being to let one of the voices answer another ...but wht do say it's pointless ...get my drift?
    let all the disscenting voices literaly hold a meeting in your head.
    whilst you switch off the outside world for half an hour and physicaly RELAX ...at the end or when you have had enough ask yourself if you learnt anything.

Thats not a bad idea. :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Tips PLEASE
    Thats not a bad idea. :)
    it's actualy a very good idea. believe me. trust me you can't loose can you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    oooh a nice bath with radox alway does me....

A shower is also good for enhancing your mood because it produces negative ions (simillar to the feeling you get after a thunderstorm).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    A shower is also good for enhancing your mood because it produces negative ions (simillar to the feeling you get after a thunderstorm).
    very serious storm the other morning and i did come out of it feeling very good. more to do with the fact that i was still alive ...and hadn't after all crapped myself. it was touching cloth though i can tell you.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Tips PLEASE
    trust me you can't loose can you?

Never trust a man in a hat, take it off and i might :p.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tips PLEASE
    Never trust a man in a hat, take it off and i might :p.
    i can't as i have an expanding mind. the hat stops it falling out all over the floor ...it would be very unsightly.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tips PLEASE
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Be prepared Mr Roll. she won't stop there!

Heh :Dsssh don't tell him that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy

I loves the feeling after a thunderstorm too :0) I always have a shower in the morning to wake me up and a bath before bed to relax me...ah!
  • Options
    Dunno why I didn`t think to post this before Tweety, but have you tried essential oils? You can put a few drops on a tissue and inhale it and it really does work. I find lavender and ylang ylang (either separately or together) are best for this and yes, they are safe to use in pregnancy. You can also use them in a bath. The only problem I`ve encountered with this method is being too relaxed to get out!
  • Options
    and after all this advice i bet ya haven't have ya! any of em?
    people have to learn to STOP. and need to learn what to do when they have but no ...nowadays it's hey that sounds interesting ...then you move on to big brother or watching someone paint a wall ...answer the phone ...get irritated and iradiated at the same time and then move on to your emails.
    whith some music playing in the background with a silent telly flashing it's silent images at you.

one of the simplest cures ...refreshers ...mood boosters is knowing how to stop.

you lot have got far to much liesure to have a clue what stop is.
  • Options
    I know how you feel mate, i'm just sat at work stressed to the max! first thing i'm doing wheni get home is cup of Horlicks and then straight to bed, turn the radio on, put some tunes on and drift off to sleep

always works for me
  • Options
    and after all this advice i bet ya haven't have ya! any of em?
    people have to learn to STOP. and need to learn what to do when they have but no ...nowadays it's hey that sounds interesting ...then you move on to big brother or watching someone paint a wall ...answer the phone ...get irritated and iradiated at the same time and then move on to your emails.
    whith some music playing in the background with a silent telly flashing it's silent images at you.

one of the simplest cures ...refreshers ...mood boosters is knowing how to stop.

you lot have got far to much liesure to have a clue what stop is.

Erm, ok no i havent yet...i did the washing up as i normally find that a good stress reliever but it hasnt worked tonight. I am however gonna have a bath in a mo with my relaxing bubblebath & try to destress. It normally helps me sleep so we will see.
    I feel like punching something but i can't.

Lavender is good yep miffy, i might put a drop on my pillow tonight.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    Erm, ok no i havent yet...i did the washing up as i normally find that a good stress reliever but it hasnt worked tonight. I am however gonna have a bath in a mo with my relaxing bubblebath & try to destress. It normally helps me sleep so we will see.
    I feel like punching something but i can't.

Lavender is good yep miffy, i might put a drop on my pillow tonight.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    have that head meeting while your in the bath. try it. let all the voices have their say. listen to all opinions and moods. see if you can control it. ask a question and see which is the first kind of voice to answer ...start with a very serious question ...you'll be amazed who you meet and what you hear.
    try and be control of the meeting. not always easy.
    go meet yourself.
    i'm sure there must be doubters out there who think i'm out of it. try it.
  • Options
    Press the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth, just where the ridges start. push your tongue up firmly and take a deep breath, then breathe slowly out saying 'I am Karma' over and over in your mind!
  • Options
    What relaxes me is a nice bath, get me jim jams on and sit and stuff my face with sweets, especially Revels and Liquorice (sp) allsorts, works a treat everytime :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Press the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth, just where the ridges start. push your tongue up firmly and take a deep breath, then breathe slowly out saying 'I am Karma' over and over in your mind!
    with joss sticks balanced between your toes ...