Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

My Boyfriend wont stand up for me!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my boyfriend have been together for a while and just recently he told me how he was talking to one of our friends( he isnt really my friend anymore, but i dislike the guy BECAUSE hes dating a 13 yr. old and hes 22. Ive warned him how she is "jail bait" for him but he insists she just "a fling".) and "corey" (the 22 yr old) said to my boyfriend "Your dumb girlfriend only hates me cuz she hasnt gotten on me." WHAT AN A$$HOLE!!!

so when my b/f told me that, I replied "so did you say something back?" and he said "i didnt know what to say and I didnt wanna get in a fight with him." I told him that if I was in that situation I would have stood up for him and chewed "coreys" ass out.

Heres the lame part- My boyfriend wouldnt let me confront "corey" about it. he said that "corey" would get mad at him for even telling me.

So that was about 3 weeks ago. My boyfriend came over tonight and we were just hanging out then his cell phone rings. And he has a text message. I usually dont ask what it says if its "corey" because he has the I.Q of a headless chicken. But for some reason my bf wouldnt answer me when I asked who the message was from. Then I looked at the screen and it was from "corey." they were writing eachother back and forth and I decided that if it was important, he wud tell me whats going on. so after 15 minutes, they stopped writing eachother and it was time for him to go home. I walked him to his car, meanwhile my neighbor (who i havent seen or talked to for months) told me to come over and talk to her. So I did and while we were talking, my bf shouts over to me and asks me if I knew this girl. I didnt know what he meant so I finished talking to my neighbor and came over to my bf. He said "do you know who "bla bla bla" is?" and im like "yea, but i dont really like her."

(i didnt like her cuz last year, this guy harassed me with death-threating e-mails and saying im such a b!tch and I should die, just crap like that. So I talked to my counselor and she said that I could get the guy suspened for threatning me. I didnt wanna get my a$$ kicked by his friends so I didnt get him suspended. but instead my counselor said she would talk to him and tell him to clean up his act and leave me alone totally. He did leave me alone, but his friends didnt. I go to a private school with about 90 students total so I saw him and his friends everyday. I would get "accidently" shoved into lockers by them, stuff thrown at me, my car was keyed and it said "die whore die." These people were 2 years older than me so school was almost out and I sucked it up and took their shit for 4 more months. A few days ago, I was registering for school and when I was there, my counselor said that I wasnt allowed back to the school. I asked why and she said "its confidential." I still dont know EXACTLY why? but Ive heard from one of the teachers there that im close with, that the people WHO HARASSED ME, made a petition and had a bunch of people sign it saying that I had harassed people, keyed cars, made death threats, and beat up 3 girls. I still dont have a school to go to. "the girl" who I call the "Ring Leader" cuz she was like the top one of the group who made all this happen, called me and apologized after this all happened. I didnt accept her apology cuz I knew she was sincere about it. Then she hung up , but right before she did, she said "paybacks are a bitch Jordyn." )

back to the main part, thats why I dont like her. . . So she was texting my bf and was talking mad crap on me. My bf still didnt stand up for me. Then I got mad and went back inside.

Am I asking too much out of him? I feel a bit pushy but my feelings are crushed because if my own boyfriend wont stand up for me- who will??

Im not asking for pity here, I just wanna know if Im asking too much out of him? If you guys were in my shoes, what would you do?? Im out of ideas on what to do.... please help!!

Comments

• Options
    Re: My Boyfriend wont stand up for me!

Personly i think if he wont stick up for you he dont deserve you,

i admit i didnt read all of it but if i was dating a girl id stick up for her.

Good luck and hope you sort it out:)
  • Options
    Re: Re: My Boyfriend wont stand up for me!
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Personly i think if he wont stick up for you he dont deserve you,

i admit i didnt read all of it but if i was dating a girl id stick up for her.

Good luck and hope you sort it out:)
    Yeah. I'd always stick up for my girlfriend, unless I knew she was in the wrong, which here, you're not.

My advice would be to tell him about this, and tell him that it feels like he doesn't want to stand up for you.
    It might help if you tell him you'd feel better if he did, it makes him feel more important and bigger, which every guy likes to feel.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    my girlfriend is really independant and doesnt let me stand up for her :confused:

i dont think ur necissarily wrong in wanting him to stand up for you but maybe he doesn't know you do want him to stand up for you? :confused:
  • Options
    he sounds like a complete arsehole, and so do your schoolfriends. Is there nothing you can do about getting suspended from school?
    Id dump that stupid boy you are seeing.
  • Options
    Two words you need to learn to say to your boyfriend "fuck" and "you". Throw a mental at him, and let him realise how serious you are about this.

As for school, put together a report of all the things that these people have done to you - keying the car, emails, etc. Show the school that you are serious about the accusations and that you're not going to stand for the hate campaign that's ruining your education.
  • Options
    Man, your schoolmates sound like a bunch of spoilt brat assmunchers. I'd dispute that petition and ask the wankers who made that petition to produce proof of those actions (if you have any receipts from the repairs for the damage they did to your car, take that to the headmaster/ mistress as proof). They can go to jevenile prison for that kind of hate campain.

As for your boyfriend, he is probably trying not to piss anyone off and make the best of a bad situation, but still, he should be sticking up for you and defending you from those assholes. If he doesn't, you should stick up for yourself. Tell him he should stand up for you. If he still doesn't, ditch him. You can get pleanty of lovin' from the peeps at thesite :D:D.

P.S. This "Corey" guy is a paedophile (spelling?) seeing a 13 year old as "a fling" or anything else. Report the dickless shit to the police. :mad: I'm serious about that.
  • Options
    About the school thing first:

I assume youre in the US or Canada, so I dont know if the law is the same there, but here in the UK a school is not allowed to ban you from registering without giving you a good reason, even if it is a private school. Kick up as much fuss as you can, and get a good solicitor on your case. And you could still prove the emails exiosted, even if they were deleted, though only a very good pro would know how to do it.

As for your bf, confront him about it. If its pissing you off that he just rolls over for his mates then tell him that eitehr he starts defending you or its all over. Throw a hissy-fit at him, amke sure he knwos that youre serious, because if he wont defend your name against his bitchy mates then he obviously doesnt ahve that much respect for you.
  • Options
    These school friends of yours are complete pricks and you just need to stat well clear of them.

I would always stand up for my GF but that is who I am and it's not the way everyone would act. He's not sticking up for you to kind of protect himself.

From reading your post it doesn't seem like you can stick up for yourself so how can you expect anyone to stick up for you. Sorry to be a bit harsh but that is the way I see it. You've got to be strong in yourself.
  • Options
    get out mate you dont need shit like that

you need someone thats gonna be there for you no matter what

im telling you now if my bloke done that he would be gone
  • Options
    Is corey a dangerous man :lol:

Chuck 'im
  • Options
    Get rid of the asshole before it is too late.

I would stick up for my b/f no matter what.

YOU DESERVE much Better!!!!!
  • Options
    you deserve better; dump him and if you get to another school get a nice boyfriend who will treat you right. And forget the people at school who pushed you out theyre probably doing it to someone else now. if you keep up the fight it'll only get worse.
    as for that asshole that is dating a 13yr old girl, call the police like it says above. you won't just piss off him , you'll piss off your bloke - bonus!
    the girl that tried to apologise to you - ignore her. she's just a bitch and you're a good person.