Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Rhys, managing his own health by supporting others - The Mix

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,737 Bot
edited September 27 in Articles
imageRhys, managing his own health by supporting others - The Mix

I’m Rhys, 23, unemployed for medical reasons and live in Essex. I’ve been suffering from mental health issues for 5 years, which has led to me developing agoraphobia and as such, I can’t get a job. This is one of the reasons why I decided to start volunteering. I thought if I can’t leave the...

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• RhysRhys Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Its mad to think, all these years later, this has nearly 10,000 views, never in my life when this was made, did I think I would reach so many people. I hope it helped in some small way!
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,656 The Mix Elder
    I just read the article and it's such a good read. I bet volunteering was definitely very rewarding as well to do. It's something I may be considering soon as I would love to do more for themix and offer support to young people. It's amazing to think how many views this article had @Rhys You should be super proud of volunteering because it sounds like a rewarding job and nice thing to do <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • RhysRhys Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    @Amy22 It feels like a life time ago that I was a moderator here, i dont even remember which year i left. I enjoyed it, but i think my main reason i left was to focus more on my own MH, which is still a work in progress.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,656 The Mix Elder
    @Rhys I bet it does, time flies as they say. But I think that's reasonable you took a break because sometimes you have to look after your own mental health too as well as those of others because we need to take care of ourselves too. I hope your doing ok <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films