Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Trainers for girls?? (Help lol)

AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,317 Boards Champion
I need some trainers for uni, but I don’t know what kind of thing people usually wear. I don’t want to stand out, so anything generic is fine. If anyone knows, what do most girls tend to wear? Any specific brands or anything?

Sorry this is so painfully random 😂 there’s no one else I can ask.
Any comments at all on what shoes you’ve seen young women/ teen girls wear are much appreciated lol

Comments

• IsThisJustFantasyIsThisJustFantasy Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    I think Nike trainers are popular with the youth. Just bought a white pair recently. It’s stressful - I’m always choosing clothes/ trainers to wear carefully as I worry about I’ll look. I’d say to wear what makes you comfortable. Everyone’s style is unique and it’s good to show that. You’re cool no matter what you wear.
    Sorry for the typo - I said about I look (supposed to be about how I’ll look if that sounded off)
  • SlinkySlinky Posts: 411 Listening Ear
    edited September 5
    Obviously what you buy is gonna depend on your preference (and i'd focus more on that than fitting in) Like @IsThisJustFantasy said, nike is popular especially the court visions (all black). They're pretty generic.

I see a lot of people wearing vans too, like the low tops. I have a pair they're lasting me for so long and I wear them a lot! Like they're outlived all my other trainers lol

if all else fails crocs are very comfortable :lol:
  • Rose113Rose113 Posts: 1,965 Extreme Poster
    I usually just wear sliders everywhere 😂 but I do have trainers that I got from primark, I can put a picture on here if u want to see them <3
    Profile picture made by @Chloe234

Want to hurt me… go ahead
    Wish to bully me…I’m used to it
    Want to talk crap about me…go on then
    Want to make me cry…feel free
    @Slinky good old crocs as always. I miss those days when I wore them around the house. @Rose113 my sister got her sliders from Primark and my slippers came from there 😂
    @IsThisJustFantasy I got sliders from there too and fluffy boots :lol:

Fluffy boots are a stylish fashion accessory. I remember my teacher in primary school used to wear them and I’ve always liked how they look.
  • AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,317 Boards Champion
    Thank you so much everyone. @Rose113 can I see a picture of your trainers please? You can PM it to me if you don’t wanna share it publicly for any reason.
  • pharmagirl27pharmagirl27 Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    @AnonymousToe i agree, i really need some trainers for uni too. My feet are aching from walking around in uncomfortable trainers. I am a size 8 though, so every pair of shoes i buy just look bad on me.
    Hey @AnonymousToe these are the shoes I have, I don’t have a picture but this is the shoe from a picture I took earlier haha
    nlwiad8wy2jp.jpeg

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,673 Skive's The Limit
    Adidas Samba
    They are £95 though
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    Ive always found ASICS to be quite comfy especially after they have been broken in quite a bit.They also have really good support for your ankles etc and some height as well which ive found helpful lol
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,500 The Mix Elder
    I just read this thread earlier but thought I would comment on here too. Normally I tend to wear shoes that I personally feel comfortable in. For me I do love wearing my addidas style trainers and my sketcher's foam ones because they offer a lot of comfort for my feet as my feet have the tendancy to rub a lot especially on the heels and back of the ankle too. I do love the off-brand style converse shoes/daps, I got a few pairs in black and one pair in red. The one pair is black and I threaded some rainbow laces through them which I got at my local pride in town (however, those shoes have been so worn in they are breaking at the seams and sides :joy:). Also, I do enjoy the off brand doc martens too because I find them more comfortable than actual doc martens which I heard can cause your feet to rub and hurt but its because of the strong leather they are made with. I love boots and combat style shoes too. Im not one for standing out too so I know how you feel about trying to find a pair of shoes that offer comfort and make you feel good as well. Omg crocs are amazing as well and are so handy!. I got crocs but they are kind of small ish so I haven't got space to add charms on them. Im thinking of getting a plain black pair because if I put charms on the ones I got (they have got cats and dogs and are from sketchers), it would be too busy and overwhelming for me XD. I hope your able to find the pair of shoes/trainer's that give you comfort and make you feel amazing soon <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films