Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hi!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
Hello, I’m sander and I’m 14 yo. I’m from the Netherlands and I joined this forum because I have some questions about me maybe having adhd,

So here comes the long ramble but just know that I don’t want adhd, nor I think it’s cool or an excuse. I show a lot of symptoms but I forgot like 70% of them . So I did a few selftest ( ofc I don’t mean it as official diagnosis) and all of them said I needed to do a test, the thing I’m scared about is that I put in the “right” answer to have a excuse for me just being lazy. So I want to get a official diagnosis but idk how to go about telling her, because she is currently in a bad spot and I think she will say no enmediatly(I have dyslexia and no clue how to spell that word🫡🫡) because it took my sister around 5 years of asking to get a autism diagnosis. I’m just scared she will say no and tell it to my grandparents the same when I started to work a fuck ton on my body (like going from doing nothing to waking up at 5)

Please I really don’t know what to do but I want to get help and maybe even medication if I have it
Tagged:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    I kinda just posted it without finishing it so my question is how I should handle this and how I get her to let me take a test
  • eylaheylah Posts: 4,164 Community Veteran
    hi welcome to the mix awesome to have you here <3.
    keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you. 🤍
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 172 Helping Hand
    Hi @Snad

Firstly, welcome to The Mix, I'm glad you joined and it is great to have you here!

Thank you for reaching out, it sounds like you are going through a lot right now. But I think it is great you have taken to initiative to reach out and have done the self-test.

Would you feel comfortable sharing why you decided to do the self-test? You said you show a lot of symptoms. Are there struggles and difficulties you are having that impact your everyday life?

Just to clarify, when you are referring to "her" and "she", who is it, you are talking about?

Do you have any other support or someone else you feel comfortable talking to this about?

Best wishes,
    Fiona.
    edited August 23
    @fiona333

Oh yea with she I mean my mom, and I talked with my brother about this already. Idk maybe my mom will think it’s unlikely because I have hearing loss from birth and dyslexia.

I mainly decided to do the self test and wanting a diagnosis because I’m realising that (if I have it) I could seriously have been affecting my life, I struggle with concentration, sitting still, interrupting people, can’t start/ procrastinating task that take a lot of thinking, having a long “rant” about my interest and then realising people don’t care about it(not sure if that is adhd), bad sleep problems, always losing stuff, forgetting what I needed to do and lastly needing to read a paragraph a few times before understanding it ( could also be dyslexia)

Greeting snad
    Post edited by Former Member on
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,111 Wise Owl
    Welcome to the mix!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • lunarcat522lunarcat522 Moderator Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    Hi @Snad welcome to the mix! About getting a diagnosis, is it possible to find out if your school has an educational psychologist? You could potentially request an educational psychology assessment looking at ADHD and dyslexia.

I have personally had an educational psychology assessment which was covered by my university which is how I found out I have dyslexia so it's a potential option for you maybe. Good luck with seeking diagnosis, I know it can be a long journey and frustrating at times.

Keep us updated and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!
    @lunarcat522

im not sure if im gonna take that route, i need to tell my mom that im getting a diagnosis, and im kinda dont want to stay longer at school XDD. thanks tho and il keep you updated
  • amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 304 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Snad welcome to the Mix! It's great to have you here :3 Keep us updated about talking to your mum, I hope it goes well for you <3