Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I miss school so much

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
Hey everyone, another post from me. I miss school and sixth form so much. I loved my school, we were all so close knit with the teachers, and they would always support me even through my crazy moments. I could trust these adults with my life and every time I see a teacher around my home town, I think about how lovely it was to only worry about exams or just only having fun with friends. So much more to worry about only a year since I’ve left. I went to a concert at my local music venue and quite a few teachers were there as they live locally. Quite embarrassingly cried to my mum as I just missed them and felt so much emotion when I saw them and spoke to them. I went to uni but then dropped out, I was so unhappy there even though i thought I was happy. Now I’m home it’s slightly better and will be studying closer, however I still every time I pass my old school, have that surge of emotion and longing to go back. I sometimes thing wouldn’t it be lovely to be able to relive all those lovely moments that took place there, and go back to comfort, all the people, and essentially the place that was my home. Of course it would all be different and no one would be there, but I sometimes think if I wished it, maybe in some way it could come true, even though I know it can’t. Now I work, I’m lucky , but I can’t trust any adults there. I want to confide in them as they are older and for them to care about me and just be kind, but a lot of them are rude and horrible. It’s been difficult for me from going to having full trust in my teachers who are older and have my best interests, to having no one to confide in and no one to help me when I’m sad or get overwhelmed. My boss is a bully at work. There are some nice staff and I want to continue as they’ve given me a focus and lots of opportunities and I do like the job but I’m scared to say anything to anyone because of how two faced some of them are. Also some customers can be the most horrible. I don’t know who to trust. I want to trust someone and know it be true if this makes sense.

So yes all in all, really miss school. Nothing like my school, i had the most best experience you could ever ask for, and I miss it more than anything in this world. X

Comments

• Orchid059Orchid059 Posts: 252 The Mix Regular
    Hi @mistyinthesky I can imagine how difficult this transition is for you as the school environment is typically more welcoming and supportive. I think it is especially difficult for students to have to jump from education straight into working life and the demands they expect from you. I am sorry you have had a negative experience and I can understand that it must bring up mixed emotions when you reminisce about school. While it sounded upsetting for you that you bumped into your old teachers, was it also nice to speak with them and catch up?

As for the work environment it sounds like your colleagues and boss are especially rude, which shouldn't be the case as no one deserves to be treated so lowly. If you are concerned could you contact HR and hopefully they might be able to resolve the issue for you. Also, do you have other staff members who are a similar age to you that you are friendly with that you can share advice and support with?

We are always here for you- let us know how you get on. <3
  • pharmagirl27pharmagirl27 Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    Hello @mistyinthesky . Hope you are alright.
    Similarly, I can relate. I feel the same. Change is difficult and not something that comes easy. We have to adapt, we wish for things that we used to have and can no longer have.
    I miss school today, and now I go to university/work, where I feel much more independent.
    My friendship groups have definitely changed and I have suffered a lot of stresses since I have left school.
    However, I sometimes remind myself that it is okay. As we grow older, we will go through change. And we will experience times of sadness (especially wishing we were younger/life was different)
    Personally, I deal with it by telling myself that there are better things to hopefully come for me. I try and enjoy what I have. I try and reminisce over the good times, whilst also remembering that hopefully better things are coming for me.
    I hope this helps.