Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Has anyone here been on antipsychotics

spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,188 Wise Owl
How do you cope with the weight gain or any other side effects? I'm terrified but I don't really have much of a choice

Comments

• eylaheylah Posts: 3,997 Community Veteran
    hi. i was antipsychotics when i was younger. they had to stop them bc of health issues with my brain. but i saw a weight increase. but after it stopped. my weight went down. i would sdvice you to talk to who prescribing them. your concerns with weight and side affects. they can maybe come up with another medication that you might be happy with. ik this is awful advice and im sry. im just wanting the best for you. im sry your going through a hard time atm. uour so strong. <3
    keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you. 🤍
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 2,031 Boards Champion
    Hey @spacedog, I can hear how this is concerning you, and I should say that it's not uncommon to be worried about side effects of these types of medication.

As @eylah mentioned, it's best to speak with the person who prescribed this medication. It's possible that they find another medication that you respond better to and face less severe side effects. How do you feel about talking to them about this?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.