Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My goals

TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,915 Extreme Poster
Got a bit of a positive thread here talking about what I want in life and stuff I want to do. As a lot of you would have seen I have been having a lot of struggles just with getting into work. I saw a YouTube video of a guy having a few similar issues to me maybe and he spoke about goals. I think it's always good to have goals as long as they are realistic. I've learnt this on my confidence course but if arent realistic you are just going to feel worse for not achieving them. I think if they are realistic it can give a great satisfaction, motivation, happiness, a stronger purpose and many different benefits. Anyway I think my goals would be.

1. Getting a job, I can manage, mentally and keep until I move onto the the next thing. It would be nice to get the dream job straight away but I'm not expecting it straight away. I think I could do with developing experience and skills etc to get into a closer to my dream jobs. Finding and keeping a job that I can manage as a whole would be a really short term goal, it's something I have been working towards the past few months, I said at the start this was going to be a positive thread but I'll just mention that the process has definitely not been an easy journey but I'm hoping it's just around the corner now. I have got support in improving myself to get into work. This job thing is the main priority of mine to not only find a job but keep it, I think this is realistic.

2. The second is to keep financially stable, keeping debt free, building my savings, keep getting income, just basically be financially confortable. I think I would do this by just not getting a credit card, not getting loans and paying things cash instead. I think getting a mortgage is something I would do, many people do that and I would say it's just it's normal. I would avoid things like car finance and just borrowing money from companies. I think a phone contract is ok and things like that. The cost of living is a bit scary and it does make you worry about stuff financially. Hopefully things will be done to help anyone who's struggling. Things like minimum pay has increased and a few other stuff has been done too. I heard labour are hopefully going to do more to help with that too, personally it sucks to see people struggle financially, they work 12 hours a day plus 7 days a week and they can struggle to make ends meet. It's scary for me too as I don't want to be stuck in that position. I think people should not only be able to afford things essentials but they should be comfortable and be able to have the luxuries too, especially working people. Anyway that's another goal for me that I'd want ongoing like always be financially stable in the future.

3. My 3rd goal would be to get a new car when I can, something nice and just keep upgrading my cars to have a nice car that I really like and I can afford confortably. I would not want to get like a car on finance even though there's so many nice cars that is a bit tempting. For example a brand new Mercedes would be nice or fairly new but I wouldn't want to finance one, something I would do instead is buying like an older one I can afford cash like, I think most cars that are older they age well, they still can look and feel modern. Like instead of buying a brand new Mercedes C Class can buy like 2018 one or a 2016 one or whatever is in my price range, like basically you just have to keep going a bit older to fit your budget basically. You have to look at the running costs of cars too like the costs of running a Mercedes depending on which one it is will cost more in parts than a Toyota Aygo for example so when buying a car you just have to keep a fund back if it does go wrong and make sure you can afford it. I don't necessarily want a Mercedes, it's just an option. I have a car now and at some point when I get a job I want to get something a bit newer. Budgeting right is important in not just cars just anything.

4. I would like to have a life long romantic partner, I would like to find the right girl for me, who's genuine, kind, supportive, non judgemental, good sense of humour etc. Id probably want someone shorter than me, I am a short guy but theres women who are shorter than me. I think it would be nice to meet them naturally too like maybe by mistake at like work, a party or something. Like finding a connection with maybe interests, liking each other physically, liking someones personality then it going to relationship and it being long term. I wouldn't mind meeting someone on a dating app too, I think it would be just nice to meet them naturally, I feel like maybe it be more long term naturally. I would treat my partner very kindly like she's important to me, I would treat the right woman like a queen although I would also want them to know that I have commitments and I shouldn't be taken advantage of. I obviously would want everything to be even. There's unfortunately dodgy people out there in terms of relationships male or female so you really do have to be careful dating.

5. I would love to have holidays on a constant basis in like a motorhome or maybe a caravan like maybe just a few times a year, rent a motorhome for a few nights, take it to a nice country area, get away from home and it would be nice to do that with famliy or maybe friends. It would be nice to do it in the near future with the right people currently but maybe with a future partner too and maybe even if I have a kid I could take my partner and kid to have holiday in an motorhome. I think the motorhome dream is realistic as I need to just be able to drive one, which I will, just most companies require you to be 25 or even 30 to drive one but you can drive them up to 3.5 tones on a normal car license I think. This is a goal I have wanted to do for years but not many people around me are intrested as motorhomes as me and about the age thing. We was going to but it didn't go to plan. This goal has been something I have wanted to do since as far back as early primary school days like year 2 or year 3 so at 6 or 7 years old, I remember that far back wanting to do it.

6. Would be having a child maybe, this is something long term I'd want, I'm thinking around late to mid 30s, it's not something I'd want anytime soon. I would like to have a son just because I would like to bring up someone to have similar interests to me like into cars and stuff. Obviously they don't have to have a similar interests to me and all that and they don't have to be a boy too obviously, that would just be my preference. I think at the right time I would be a good parent with the right partner. I would need to be financially stable to and have my own house too. I mean it is doable maybe without having your own house but I'd want it when I had my own house.

7. Would be my own house as I was just talking about above on the last goal. This would be a long term goal too, right now and for the near future I would like to stay with my parents due to personal stuff, things like atm I'm single so would have no one to move out with, I have no reason to move out unless I wanted to live alone, I'm not sure I'd get lonely then though. There's moving out with your friends too, I'm not sure if my friends want to do that though and I don't know if I would want to either. It's good to live with famliy as well. I think atm the plan would be get into a relationship with a life long partner, stay with family for a bit, make sure the relationship will last then once I have know it's likely we'd stay together long term or permanent I'd move out with them if suitable. I would like to own a house but unfortunately house prices are expensive here, there's mortgages too. The outcome of my 2nd goal being financially stable, having savings would be the outcome of it, if I get enough savings I could at some point use it towards a mortgage. I'm not sure if I would rent or not, its something I have never liked growing up but there are benefits of it like you aren't tied to 1 building if you rent, you could move house easier etc, theres downsides to renting to like you obviously don't own the property. It's really good to own your own house too though. I have always liked the idea of having a house and renting out to tenants too, that would pottentially be another goal of mine.

8. Would be to have to get a career related to cars like maybe a car salesman for example, I would just need to develop certain skills for that. I think I have good knowledge of cars and I would like to take advantage of that quality. It was sometimes just good in school like someone could as me what car is that, they didn't know themselves and I'd tell them then they'd check realising I'd always be right.

I think atm that's all the goals I could think of but I hopefully will always be setting myself goals that, I think it's good to do that. I don't think I'm being delusional in any of them goals I mentioned. I have been doubted before but I think a great satisfaction would be proving negative people wrong like if they've said in the past I can't do something and I could show them I can do it. I don't want these goals to rub it in people's faces though, I want to stay humble in whatever I did, even someone who doubted me like they might say I'll never own a certain car, it might give a bit of satisfaction to show I do have that car if I bumped into that person. Like I say I want these goals for myself though. Whenever I do get some of these goals like the new car I might never even put it on social media, I'm not the type of person to flex stuff. Some people I know just put their car on social media, most of them probably aren't flexing, they just have an Instagram page maybe on their car or just want to just show it without bragging so that's fine. There's no point bragging, it's just arrogant. Anyway they are my goals for now, they aren't in order though. I think I will come up with more goals too in the near future.

Comments

• lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    @TheNightmare This was lovely to read and I'm sure you will achieve these goals, although it may take some time, they're great things to have in mind to aim towards

This was lovely to read and I think it's a really positive step for you - keep us updated on how things are going!
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,536 Extreme Poster
    I love this - wishing you the best of luck in achieving these goals, I'm sure you will no matter the length of time it takes :3
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,915 Extreme Poster

@lunarcat522 and @sinead276 sorry for the late reply but thanks so much as always.

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 411 Listening Ear
    I really enjoyed reading this @TheNightmare . These are some solid goals that are reasonable and manageable. Good luck with everything and keep us updated with how it's all going.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,056 Wise Owl
    Love these goals! Wishing u the best of luck with them I believe in you :)
    Slinky wrote: »
    I really enjoyed reading this @TheNightmare . These are some solid goals that are reasonable and manageable. Good luck with everything and keep us updated with how it's all going.

@Slinky
    Really really appreciate it as always for real.
    edited July 20
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Love these goals! Wishing u the best of luck with them I believe in you :)

@ebyrne556 I'm really happy to see you love my goals and have this belief by multiple people. Can I ask is there anything specific you like about my goals?
    sinead276 wrote: »
    I love this - wishing you the best of luck in achieving these goals, I'm sure you will no matter the length of time it takes :3

@sinead276 can I ask if there is anything specific you love about this too?
    Slinky wrote: »

@Slinky also mate, can I ask if there's anything specific you find that is solid and anything specific you find solid about my goals?
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,536 Extreme Poster

i think i like the fact they are realistic goals - something you could absolutely achieve. you know what you want to achieve in different areas of your life - whether its the job, partner and child or holidays. they cover a range of topics and some are long-term. The fact you could clearly write what you want achieve is arguably the first step to achieving them. Getting them out of our minds and down into the world is typically the first motivation we need to push ourselves to achieve them. Plus they also got me thinking about my own goals for the future.

But like I said before, I think it's good you've got ideas for the future, and from what i've seen in some of your other posts, you definitely have the motivation to go and achieve them.

Hope this made any sense to you 😂
    Sinead

i think i like the fact they are realistic goals - something you could absolutely achieve. you know what you want to achieve in different areas of your life - whether its the job, partner and child or holidays. they cover a range of topics and some are long-term. The fact you could clearly write what you want achieve is arguably the first step to achieving them. Getting them out of our minds and down into the world is typically the first motivation we need to push ourselves to achieve them. Plus they also got me thinking about my own goals for the future.

But like I said before, I think it's good you've got ideas for the future, and from what i've seen in some of your other posts, you definitely have the motivation to go and achieve them.

Hope this made any sense to you 😂
    Sinead

Nah that's great thanks a lot.
  • Orchid059Orchid059 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @TheNightmare I am glad to hear you have a positive outlook on your goals. You are doing so well and I admire your resilience when you've had a tough time recently- you should be proud of yourself <3
    Orchid059 wrote: »
    @TheNightmare I am glad to hear you have a positive outlook on your goals. You are doing so well and I admire your resilience when you've had a tough time recently- you should be proud of yourself <3

@Orchid059 Really appreciate it genuinely.
  • eylaheylah Posts: 3,909 Community Veteran
    i am proud of you. you are going through a lot. but your still looking at the future. your very strong. you got this. @TheNightmare im here for you. <3
    keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you. 🤍
    eylah wrote: »
    i am proud of you. you are going through a lot. but your still looking at the future. your very strong. you got this. @TheNightmare im here for you. <3

@eylah that means so much. Thanks a lot
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,634 The Mix Elder
    I read your post a while ago but apologies for responding super late, im very bad at getting back to people xd. Anyway's I wish all the best in completing both your long term and short goals. They definitely sound like great goals to have too <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    Amy22 wrote: »
    I read your post a while ago but apologies for responding super late, im very bad at getting back to people xd. Anyway's I wish all the best in completing both your long term and short goals. They definitely sound like great goals to have too <3.

Thanks a lot
  • leyla26leyla26 Posts: 4,156 Community Veteran
    @TheNightmare aw this makes me happy to read. I think it’s good for you to have something like this written down in detail because when you’re feeling low or hopeless you can return to it and read it and see that you are being realistic and that it’s just a bad day today. I like that they go from more short term to long term too, but by achieving the first one you get closer to achieving the last one too etc

These are all things you’ve mentioned in the past and no one could say you’re unreasonable for wanting these things, they show how far you’ve come. Especially the thing about wanting a job being a car salesman or something similar because when you first joined you mentioned something similar like a driving instructor, it’s great to see that you’re getting closer to those dreams day by day. Massively proud of you and the progress you’ve made. I know it’s hard to stay positive especially with certain people in your life, but none of these are too much to ask for. You’re a guy who wants to reach his potential both for himself and to prove others wrong, I can’t wait for you to have that satisfaction one day where you can look back and see people had no idea what they were on about when they said you couldn’t do it.

Head held high champ!!!!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.