Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hello!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
Hiya! im 18 (almost 19) and im going to university in september! kinda nervous but also excited to get away from my family. im also autistic, and a lesbian, currently hyperfixated on arcane. i cannot wait for november :D.

i have lots to talk about and rant about so i hope this will be therapeutic in some sense :)))

Comments

• lunarcat522lunarcat522 Moderator Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    Hi @violynenjoyer welcome to the mix! Also going to university in September so in the same boat there!
  • AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,378 Boards Champion
    Hii @violynenjoyer and welcome to the mix! I’ve just turned 19 and I’m going to uni in September too - scared but also looking forward to getting away from my family 😅😂 I’m autistic too.
  • Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    Hi @violynenjoyer
    Welcome!
    I've just finished my second year at university but I remember how nerve wracking those first couple of days were <3
    What are you going to study at university?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Matthew_04 wrote: »
    Hi @violynenjoyer
    Welcome!
    I've just finished my second year at university but I remember how nerve wracking those first couple of days were <3
    What are you going to study at university?

im going to be studying psychology!! finally getting to study my main academic interest and ONLY that is very exciting for me.
  • lunarcat522lunarcat522 Moderator Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    @violynenjoyer I'm also going to be studying psychology!
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,575 Extreme Poster
    welcome @violynenjoyer it's great to have you here

I studied psychology when i did my degree (now doing a masters) and im sure you'll love it
  • Katie12Katie12 Posts: 338 The Mix Regular
    Hey @violynenjoyer welcome! I have just finished my psychology degree this year and loved it! good luck for September!
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,671 The Mix Elder
    Hiya @violynenjoyer welcome to TheMix!. It's great to get to meet you and I hope I get to see you around lots on the board. All the best for university and I hope it all goes well for you at the moment <3. Im also a fellow neurodivergent person too and it's so cool to have you here.

All the best,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,056 Boards Champion
    Ello and welcome to the community! Hope you find what you are looking for here :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 277 The Mix Regular
    Hi @violynenjoyer also a fellow psychology student here- welcome to the Mix glad to have you here <3 I'm sure you will love university life!
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,111 Wise Owl
    Welcome to the community Lovely to have you here <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 304 The Mix Regular
    Hey @violynenjoyer welcome to the community! Lovely to meet you :3
  • MaisyMaisy Deactivated Posts: 701 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to The Mix! You can talk and rant as much as you need to here :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Hey @violynenjoyer welcome and I hope you’ve been enjoying it on here! Happy to see ur so excited about uni! It’s such a mixture of emotions but it’s super exciting, I hope u enjoy ur time there, and I can’t wait to hear about it !! ❤️