Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I'm feeling so alone right now

TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 2,012 Boards Champion
I've been struggling daily, trying various things that didn't work out. I thought a forklift training course would start a new career, but after a week's training, I wasn't getting the hang of it, and the owner informed my uncle, which felt like a failure, putting me back at square one. Since then, I've been job hunting and took a confidence course to boost self-esteem, but I'm still negative, stressed, sleepless, and sometimes crying, feeling like a failure. I haven't found my path since finishing college, unlike everyone else, and it feels never-ending.

Comments

• lunarcat522lunarcat522 Moderator Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    @FordRanger Sorry to hear you're struggling. It might be worth speaking to your GP about your stress and issues sleeping to see if they could help or refer on. You're definitely not alone, everyone has their own journey, so try not to be too hard on yourself. It might feel never-ending now but I have all the faith that it will work out in the end and you will find something that works for you.

Keep us updated, we're all rooting for you! Hope things get better for you soon, it's certainly not easy job searching
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 2,012 Boards Champion
    @FordRanger Sorry to hear you're struggling. It might be worth speaking to your GP about your stress and issues sleeping to see if they could help or refer on. You're definitely not alone, everyone has their own journey, so try not to be too hard on yourself. It might feel never-ending now but I have all the faith that it will work out in the end and you will find something that works for you.

Keep us updated, we're all rooting for you! Hope things get better for you soon, it's certainly not easy job searching

@lunarcat522 yh it might be to be honest and thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement.
  • ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    @FordRanger I can hear you are going through a difficult time.

I just wanted to remind you that you are not a failure. Your value is not affected by the job you have or career path you have chosen or cannot find. You are so much more than your career.

Your determination to keep pushing through these struggles is admirable, as is your ability to open up and discuss how you feel- this takes strength. These characteristics are wonderful and make you truly special. Don't forget it. <3
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 2,012 Boards Champion
    edited June 25
    @FordRanger I can hear you are going through a difficult time.

I just wanted to remind you that you are not a failure. Your value is not affected by the job you have or career path you have chosen or cannot find. You are so much more than your career.

Your determination to keep pushing through these struggles is admirable, as is your ability to open up and discuss how you feel- this takes strength. These characteristics are wonderful and make you truly special. Don't forget it. <3

@ameliaJayne
    Thanks for the kind and supportive response here and my helpful response on the other thread too.