Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Im not sure

Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 2,274 Boards Champion
So basically I was gonna be a dog groomer when I was older and the plan was for me to do an online course and we would convert the extension into a dog grooming facility but now im not so sure if I want to.

There's a college called T-side (not its actual name) I was ment to be doing animal care there this year but then I failed my gcses so had to go to the MH school that im at now.

At T-side they do a photography and graphic design course and I'm thinking of doing that but I'm also not sure
Profile picture made by @Chloe234

Want to hurt me… go ahead
Wish to bully me…I’m used to it
Want to talk crap about me…go on then
Want to make me cry…feel free

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 411 Listening Ear
    Maybe you could speak with some one who does dog grooming and see what they enjoy and don’t enjoy about it. I think a mod said they did dog grooming. I think it was Beth or Emma but I’m not sure because it was ages ago 😂 they might get confused if you ask 😂or you could ask around for a week work experience maybe to see if you like it.

I think it’s normal to not know what you want to do and it’s good that you have options. If you do a course and don’t like it can you swap to another?

• ellaella Community Manager Posts: 255 The Mix Regular
    @Rose113 It is super exciting that you're sharing your thoughts about future plans! It sounds like you've been considering a few different paths – that's totally normal (both paths sound like a lot of fun which is a bonus!)

So, I did a quick Google search about Dog Grooming pathways. It looks like Pets at Home offer some really cool training opportunities for colleagues who are interested in animal care.. Take a look at this link- https://www.petsathomejobs.com/early-careers.

On the other hand, the photography and graphic design course at T-side sounds interesting too! It's great that you have options to explore.

Honestly, there's no rush to decide right now. Maybe we could chat about your interests a bit more? It might help you see which path feels more exciting to you!

• Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 2,274 Boards Champion
    @ella yeah, the thing is at T-side I won't know anyone and my anxiety with be bad. Mum said we can go have a look around so I might do that.

I love animals but there's a down fall, im terrified of big dogs, they freak me out.

I do photography when I go on holiday and people have said I should do it, I wanted to do photography for gcse but they cancelled the class
    Profile picture made by @Chloe234

Want to hurt me… go ahead
    Wish to bully me…I’m used to it
    Want to talk crap about me…go on then
    Want to make me cry…feel free