Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling alone

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,430 Wise Owl
edited June 7 in Health & Wellbeing
I'm currently searching for work, and it is stressful along with other emotions. Another issue is I have multiple family members going on about not finding anything yet, and it puts me down. Hearing them say it, on top of feeling all the negative emotions myself, can bring me down for weeks. I often feel down anyway, but when I start feeling happier, people bring me back down again. I'm on holiday and the other day, I feeling more relaxed, I was enjoying it, when the other day family members put me down. I have been feeling down about not getting things sorted, worrying about my future, etc., and family members make it worse. I also feel alone because all my close family members live at home and work here, and I live at home too, so they can comment 24/7. They bring it up in their conversations, arguments, etc., even when I'm not there. Like people outside the house saying that would get me down, like a friend or something, but I could avoid people like that. Whereas when it's home, there's no escape, and I have no one defending me either.
Post edited by FordRanger on

Comments

• Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    @FordRanger hey, i'm sorry to hear what ur going through, that sounds so frustrating and i get how that'd make u feel down. Pls don't feel about yourself as it's obvious that ur trying ur hardest to find a job! I don't mean this in a patronising way, but have u told ur family members how them doing that makes u feel? as it may make them stop if u tell them it's upsetting u. Sending lots of love <3
  • Options
    Sunshine12 wrote: »
    @FordRanger hey, i'm sorry to hear what ur going through, that sounds so frustrating and i get how that'd make u feel down. Pls don't feel about yourself as it's obvious that ur trying ur hardest to find a job! I don't mean this in a patronising way, but have u told ur family members how them doing that makes u feel? as it may make them stop if u tell them it's upsetting u. Sending lots of love <3

@Sunshine12 hi, its tough like not much escape too from it. Talking about it with them make it worse though tbh. I appreciate the support.
  • Options
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 100 The Mix Convert
    Hi @FordRanger I am sorry that you are having a difficult time with your job search and the fact your family are not being very supportive. I can understand how frustrating it is for you when your family continuously make comments like that which lowers your mood as a result. I know it is easier said than done but try not to take these comments to heart as you know yourself that you are doing all you can in searching for a job and that is all that you can do.

Keep updating us with how you are doing <3
  • Options
    Thanks @Orchid059