Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Family stress

AutisticGirlAutisticGirl Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
so quick overview of the situation:
my sister has an acting agent and does lots of dancing
my mum is the one who makes sure she's ready for all her lessons
my sister is difficult to work with
my mum gets frustrated with my sister and gets cross which leaves her in a bad mood for the rest of the day
my dad comes home
my mum tells my dad about the argument she had with my sister
my dad thinks that it's my mums fault
she doesn't agree they may have a minor argument
this has been going on for around a year

today:
my mum told my sister that she needed to wear a shirt over her costume but my sister didn't want to (my mum told her why she needed to)
my dad got annoyed because according to my mum he thought that she was speaking horribly to my sister (not sure whether i agree or not i wasn't there)
my mum and dad had a massive argument
later in the day
my dads gone taking my sister to dancing
my mum asks me and my twin whether we think she speaks horribly to us
which I think she does a bit but only when she is stressed
then you have the issue of answering honestly and upseting her or lying to keep her happy
i told the truth now she is worried she (my mum this is) is a horrible person
which she isn't

but the issue is my dad and my sister come back and we are back to the same cycle mum and sister fight then mum and dad fight over and over.

and I'm at the end of my tether with it all sick of being the peacekeeper and having to try and be reasonable about everything while my life is centered around my sister and my mums inability to get on

sorry this was basically just a brain dump but if you got to the end any advice would be appreciated thank you

Comments

• Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 83 Budding Regular
    Hi @AutisticGirl that sounds like an incredibly stressful situation for you, especially when you feel like you are always the moderator and in the middle of everything. I agree that it can be tricky when telling someone how you feel with the worry of upsetting them, but sometimes, even though the truth may hurt, it is the best way moving forward as otherwise they may never change or realise they have done wrong.

It sounds like perhaps there is some miscommunication sometimes between your family members so have you considered all sitting down and talking together about the matter? This may sound scary, but may be a good way to air out how you feel and from your perspective.

Keep updating us with how you are getting on and remember we are always here for you so keep reaching out <3
  • Options
    AutisticGirlAutisticGirl Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    okay thank you