Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Job hunting stress

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
As most of you probably know from other threads I'm currently job hunting but it's just really stressful. Im struggling to keep relaxed like I'm just so stressed, worrying, negative, etc and I'm getting all them feelings all the time about it all. I have a holiday soon too so I hope I'm feeling like this there and it ruins it. I am still trying with it, I applied to a few jobs then realising they might not be ideal because they contacted me further so I didn't go further. I had one that was 20 miles away about some induction sessions I think but that's quite far for a commute considering going there and back most days. I dont want it to be like I'm making excuses because I'm not, it genuinely is a bit far. I do want to work asap really but I need something that will be ideal for me that will last however long I want to do it, I don't want to get into a job then end up quitting or it not being ideal then ending up back to square one. I must have not known when applying to it how far it was. I just need something ideal, maybe if it's a bit further than expecting, I can do but 20 miles is in a diffrent area. I just have been trying to find something more nearer and ideal but it's just hard, it's just putting me down, I feel alone with it.

Comments

• Options
    Issie_11Issie_11 Moderator Posts: 19 Settling in
    Hey @FordRanger - This sounds incredibly frustrating! Job hunting can be very tiring, and it's totally understandable that you're feeling stressed, worried, and negative. It's a lot of pressure to find the right job, especially when you're worried about it impacting your upcoming holiday.

Have you taken any breaks from the job search lately? It sounds like it might be taking a toll on you. Maybe scheduling some self-care time when you're away could help you relax and come back to it feeling more energised!

Also, on those jobs you applied to that weren't ideal - did anything else make them not a good fit besides the commute? Knowing what you're looking for can help you narrow down your search and avoid wasting time on things that aren't quite right for us!

Is there anyone you can talk to about this job search? A friend or family member perhaps? Maybe they could give you some support with writing applications.

Let us know how it goes! <3
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    edited May 10
    Issie_11 wrote: »
    Hey @FordRanger - This sounds incredibly frustrating! Job hunting can be very tiring, and it's totally understandable that you're feeling stressed, worried, and negative. It's a lot of pressure to find the right job, especially when you're worried about it impacting your upcoming holiday.

Have you taken any breaks from the job search lately? It sounds like it might be taking a toll on you. Maybe scheduling some self-care time when you're away could help you relax and come back to it feeling more energised!

Also, on those jobs you applied to that weren't ideal - did anything else make them not a good fit besides the commute? Knowing what you're looking for can help you narrow down your search and avoid wasting time on things that aren't quite right for us!

Is there anyone you can talk to about this job search? A friend or family member perhaps? Maybe they could give you some support with writing applications.

Let us know how it goes! <3

@Issie_11 Hi. It can be tiring and all that. I have taken some break some days like maybe weekends.

There's some things than made them less ideal apart from the commute but some seemed ok apart from the commute, it just might get a bit much and the last thing I want is to end up back to square one. I want to get work but want to keep the job too for however long. I have some people that might give me help. I'm seeing if there's any more college course leading to employment too. I'm not feeling 100 percent but trying to be positive and not get too down. Thanks for replying though.