Homeβ€Ί Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Spring clean your mind this May ✨

GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 655 Incredible Poster
edited May 5 in Health & Wellbeing
Spring has well and truly sprung, and it's the perfect time to refresh your mind!

Which of these activities will you be doing as part of your May routine?πŸŒ·πŸ¦‹

Alt text spoilered:
The image has an illustration of a person's brain with flowers and plants appearing to grow from it. Above the illustration is the title, 'Spring clean your mind'.

There are more illustrations around the image which represent:
  • Unfollow people who hurt your mental health
  • Fill your home with flowers
  • Notice beauty in the small things
  • Take time to recharge
  • Declutter your space
  • Stay hydrated
  • Spend time in nature
  • Set intentions for the month
  • Try a new form of movement

ike3uysx4z6i.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,085 Wise Owl
    I want to spend more time in nature but I have hay fever πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    I'm hopefully going to take on a few
    Definitely will be decluttering my space, I'm planning a big redecoration of my bedroom

I'm pretty good at spending time in nature so I'll stick with that and I really want to hydrate more so that's a new thing to try out, i've fallen off with my water drinking again πŸ˜…

Decluttering is also on my to-do list too @Cosycore_Witch! What are you planning for your redecoration? That sounds fun!

I also love spending time in nature to reset <3
  • Options
    I want to spend more time in nature but I have hay fever πŸ˜‚

I feel your pain @AnonymousToe - I love spending time in nature but quite often I end up feeling unwell πŸ˜…
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 251 The Mix Regular
    @AnonymousToe I am the exact same, definitely a struggle :lol:
    I will definitely be doing a much needed declutter of my space!
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 137 The Mix Convert
    Noticing beauty in small things sounds like a great one! It can definitely help to appreciate things around us that normally go unnoticed <3

@Cosycore_Witch what vibe are you going for in your redecoration? :3
  • Options
    Cosycore_WitchCosycore_Witch Posts: 17 Settling in
    Gemma wrote: Β»
    I'm hopefully going to take on a few
    Definitely will be decluttering my space, I'm planning a big redecoration of my bedroom

I'm pretty good at spending time in nature so I'll stick with that and I really want to hydrate more so that's a new thing to try out, i've fallen off with my water drinking again πŸ˜…

Decluttering is also on my to-do list too @Cosycore_Witch! What are you planning for your redecoration? That sounds fun!

I also love spending time in nature to reset <3

Well I've almost built a pc so I'm getting a nice desk and chair in the corner for it, I'm also repainting 2 walls white and doing a feature wall with some really nice wallpaper I bought it's got Cresent moons and black cats on it

I'm going for that like black and white witch vibe I'll definitely have to show people when it's done ☺️
    "I grieve in stereo, the stereo sounds strange
    I know that if you hide, it doesn't go away" ~ MGMT
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 441 Listening Ear
    That sounds amazing @Cosycore_Witch ! Will look forward to seeing it!
  • Options
    Well I've almost built a pc so I'm getting a nice desk and chair in the corner for it, I'm also repainting 2 walls white and doing a feature wall with some really nice wallpaper I bought it's got Cresent moons and black cats on it

I'm going for that like black and white witch vibe I'll definitely have to show people when it's done ☺️

Oo that sounds so lovely @Cosycore_Witch! The feature wall sounds fab - please do show us when it's done! Looking forward to seeing it, it sounds so cosy <3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    I'm hoping to use up all of my yarn stash eventually because I am hoarding way too much of it right now. Also, I think for me not really going with the decluttering theme haha but making sure I have earlier nights because I think I will benefit a lot personally because I have been feeling tired lately a lot.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,086 Wise Owl
    gotta agree on the nature point - especially with the sunshine we've had the past few days. when im not in the library doing assignments, I'll always try and go take a walk around campus just to get some fresh air and some time to myself. also trying to notice the beauty and the good in the little things more as well.