Homeβ€Ί Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tonight πŸ˜”

Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
There's a party at mine tonight that is gonna include loads of alcohol and it's gonna trigger flashbacks for me :/ gonna be stuck in my room alone and probably crying. Even when the house is safe. It makes me feel so unsafe with alcohol being around :s idk how ill cope, ill feel so alone. It starts at 6pm but the first person is coming at 5pm and it'll be happening till like 3am :/
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 655 Incredible Poster
    edited May 5
    Hey @Rose113, it sounds like tonight is a real worry for you and I can understand how this kind of environment would make you feel anxious, particularly when it's in your own home too. <3

When you say it's gonna trigger flashbacks for you, would you feel comfy sharing more about that with us?

I'm sure many people will relate to feeling uneasy around alcohol and people drinking. It's not an environment that everyone enjoys. Is there anything in particular about alcohol that makes you feel unsafe?

I'm hearing how staying in your room this evening will feel more comfy but that will also make you feel alone - could you plan some activities to do tonight to keep you busy and connected? That could be calling or facetiming a friend, watching your favourite shows, or you can also chat on here with the community. :)

Keep us updated on how you're doing - we're here for you. <3
  • Options
    @Gemma alcohol is a bad trigger for me cos of my past :/ no one is ever around when I need them
  • Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 866 Part of The Mix Family
    Heya @Rose113 that really sucks, sending so many hugs. Here to listen if you need someone to talk to.

I hope you're doing OK and the party isn't too loyd at the moment. Big hugs
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Rose113, I just wanted to check in to see how you're doing? I can understand that you were quite concerned going into the party. We're here to listen to you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Azziman im okay <3