Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

People's behaviour

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
edited May 3 in Sex & Relationships
Do ppl usually try to get stuff out of u?. Like tutors u c every day who u don't like?
I don't answer knocks or doorbells sometimes. Is tht OK?
Also y do ppl shout YELLOW CAR?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,133 Part of The Furniture
    Do you feel like people are trying to get stuff out of you at the moment @ellie2000? You only need to share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with, who whom you feel comfortable with, even if it feels like people are trying to get stuff out of you. If it is a tutor who you don't like, do you have anyone else you feel more comfortable talking to?

It is okay to not answer knocks or doorbells sometimes. Again, you might not be available all the time or you might not want to always answer and that is okay. You only need to answer knocks and doorbells when you want to and feel comfortable with (unless it is some authority like the police etc).

In terms of why people shout yellow car, people can be random! Maybe they don't see many yellow cars and were excited to see a yellow car, maybe they were waiting for a yellow car or maybe for a reason we don't know :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    edited May 6
    @Laura_tigger82 I thought the days of ppl making me feel sh*t were over. Y r we scared of police too? Especially when they added to the trauma? Y do we see ppl in a different light as it were?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 251 The Mix Regular
    hey @ellie2000, you should definitely only share as much as you're comfortable with that's the most important thing, hope you're doing okay :heart:

Me and my friends play a game where we say 'cheese on wheels' or 'yellow car' whenever we see one. Think it was something many of us did when we were younger as a game to keep us occupied and it has just sort of stuck :lol:
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 @Katie12 I was wondering this morning, why do we play games, like sonic n doom n elden ring?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Is there deeper meaning or is it just for fun 😊
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 441 Listening Ear
    @ellie2000 I think so some people it's for fun and relaxing, but it could be that people want to take their mind off things. There's lots of reasons people play games, for example it's quite stimulating and it can be a good way to connect with friends if they play the same games