Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

April achievements, with a theme of self-care!

kaiikaii Posts: 468 Listening Ear
Hello everyone, hope you’ve been alright and that you've had a great April!

April has been a challenging month for me, and it may be the same for some. So I’m here again with the achievements thread, in hopes that it can help others feel better about themselves. What have you achieved this month? And as always, these can take any shape and form.

Feel free to write as many achievements as you wish! 😊

My achievements this month:
- Completed a really difficult realistic drawing, which I’m really proud of!
- Dedicated time to taking care of myself and telling trusted people about how I’m feeling
- Started taking steps to not dwell on my mistakes for a long time

Lovely events such as World Autism Acceptance Week (https://www.autism.org.uk/get-involved/raise-money/world-autism-acceptance-week-2024) and World Health Day (https://www.who.int/campaigns/world-health-day) took place this month - which made me think that this month's theme could be about self-care!

So in relation to this month’s theme, how have you been taking care of yourselves this month?

For me, I’ve been writing on my journal every day now. It has helped me escape from all the pressure and stress that placement has recently been bringing me, and it really has helped me overthink less and not dwell on my mistakes too much. I also tried my best to make sure I have time to meditate.

If anyone has any ideas of what the theme could be for next month/what theme you would like, feel free to let me know!

Incredible job for getting through April, and I hope May will be bright for you as we say hello to spring!

Kai <3
cinnamoroll supremacy : )

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 441 Listening Ear
    This month I got started on my revision for my exam, asked for help when I was struggling, distanced myself from people that were negatively impacting me, and overall started to focus more on myself and what I need
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    got going with yet more uni assignments so I'm not leaving things to the last minute, read a few books this month in my spare time and started to let go of the past some more so that it doesnt bring me down
  • Options
    Cosycore_WitchCosycore_Witch Posts: 17 Settling in
    Well one thing for definite was I wanted to cook more and overall be a bit more healthy so I'm definitely proud of that, I got in the process of ordering takeaways for easy of access but I've been making more things like tacos and katsu curry and and proper ramen are among my faves :)
    Plus I'm getting in my huel daily greens and vitamins which is a feel good boost!

I've kept up the routine of going out every day from last month which is a big positive as I can struggle to keep routines going.

I've been doing my DBT therapy a few evenings a week too, and keeping up with my self care such as taking nice baths, doing my skincare, and meditation etc which I always love doing <3

"I grieve in stereo, the stereo sounds strange
    I know that if you hide, it doesn't go away" ~ MGMT
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    @kaii - thanks - the uni assignments are getting there surely. and the books are good - although with everything else going on at the moment its hard to properly get into them, but i've read a couple which I'm glad about

Hope you're doing well too and well done on your April achievements too :3
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    Amazing achievements everyone so proud of u all its so important to take some time for yourself especially during this busy period with exams coming up <3 Its always a nice opportunity to reflect on the month past so thank u as always @kaii for creating this as always :)
    Mine are
    Doing some yoga and mindfulness classes online with 360 MBS would highly recommend their something amazing about doing a class with 80 people on zoom!
    Writing a lot of poetry and submitting it into some comps
    Doing some volunteering and youth voice work as always hehe
    Take care all and big hugs for the month of may ahead i know its not always a easy one
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 468 Listening Ear
    @ebyrne556, ooo omg doing mindfulness classes and yoga through zoom sounds so interesting! I'd really like to try this one day - I can imagine that it's such a nice, comforting space being surrounded with people doing the same activity as you! :smile: it's incredible that you've written lots of poetry and submitted them - best of luck with the writing competitions! And thank you so much again for all the lovely support that you've been providing for this community - we really appreciate it a lot! <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )