Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What type of things that you will do to calm yourself?

AliceLAliceL Posts: 1 Just got here
edited April 28 in Health & Wellbeing
For me, I will listen to lofi music to calm and focus on things...what about you guys?

You don't have to tell your problems (conditions) if you don't want to, but I have anxiety, so I use music to calm myself down :)

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 646 Incredible Poster
    edited April 28
    Hey @AliceL it's lovely to have you join the boards! <3

Just hopping in to say I've moved your post to the Health & Wellbeing forum so others can chip in with their thoughts & advice. :)

Also I agree lofi music can be so calming - I often put it on whilst studying! For me, I also love taking a nature break to ground myself.
  • Options
    Cosycore_WitchCosycore_Witch Posts: 17 Settling in
    I love lofi music especially to relax in the evenings, I've gotten really into a playlist on Spotify which plays all Studio Ghibli film songs but lofi :)

Aside from that I love lighting a candle and having a cuppa, sometimes I do mindfulness if I'm in the right headspace too!
    "I grieve in stereo, the stereo sounds strange
    I know that if you hide, it doesn't go away" ~ MGMT
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,047 Community Veteran
    Hey @AliceL I also tend to listen to music and I find it helps me. I also watch a lot of Youtube videos too mostly ones of cake or cooking as I find watching someone cook can be therapuetic to me. I also knit and crochet too!.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 436 Listening Ear
    Hi @AliceL I also use music to calm down, in the evenings for sleep I sometimes use ASMR videos. In the day I might also use fidgets or speak to people about what's bothering me
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    edited April 29
    Love this discussion idea @AliceL ! For me, I'm a bath person :3 Just being still in water helps to calm my brain down
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,877 Extreme Poster
    Great discussion idea @AliceL! Music and going for walks are a great way for me to calm myself down. Music helps to feel emotions, and walks helps to give some much-needed headspace :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 466 Listening Ear
    @AliceL, welcome to the community! :smile:<3

This is such a lovely thread idea! Music also calms me down - I quite like listening to soft piano sounds, and music from games (I love listening to Apotos Day and Spagonia Night from the Sonic Unleashed game ahah)! I also like to journal a lot, just writing down how I'm feeling takes the weight of my chest and helps me calm down :3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,078 Wise Owl
    another one for team music :3 - also reading a good back helps me relax and just escape to a different world for a bit.
  • Options
    SindySindy Posts: 31 Boards Initiate
    Hey I would do meditation 🧘‍♀️
    Music
    Poetry
    Nature