Home› Work & Study› It's Exam Time
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Revision Body Doubling Sessions! 📚

ellaella Community Manager Posts: 86 Budding Regular
edited April 20 in It's Exam Time
Hey Everyone! We are planning some body doubling study sessions during the day over the study leave period and wanted to see what you thought.

The body doubling technique is used to help people focus on their tasks. We know it is exam time at the moment so have come up with a way to support the community during this particularly stressful time of year!

Think of the sessions as a virtual space where you can work alongside others in a structured, timed manner. They will be held on Chatwee with a set of other people who want to get on with some work & will hold you to account if you have the tendency to just sit there and faff!

Here is what a session might look like:

join and type in a short list of what we want to get done in that hour
take 5 minutes for everyone to say what their session goals are & say hi (this might be verbal or typed)
work quietly for 20 minutes while the moderator shares a link to some study music which can be muted if you want
take a 5 minute optional break for water & a stretch
work quietly for another 20 minutes
take 5 minutes at the end to say what we achieved (there’s the accountability!)

We are planning to get them in the diary for over study leave but wanted to check in to see how that sounded?! 📚

Revision Body Doubling Sessions! 📚 5 votes

Sounds Good- I'll use them!
20%
Rose113 1 vote
Not sure on if I'll use them
20%
Chloe234 1 vote
I won't use this, but thanks anyway !
60%
sinead276Amy22AnonymousToe 3 votes
Post edited by ella on

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    edited April 21
    Hi @ella I am personally not doing any revision or studying right now so won't attend this. But I just wanted to say that if anyone needs any help with tips or advice for studying/exams let me know as I have been through the mill of doing GCSE'S and A-Levels so I know the feeling of having multiple exams. <3. If you need volunteers for this I don't mind but it would depend as I am working at the moment.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,178 Boards Champion
    I don't think my school are doing study leave :') when would these be (as in rough dates?) If there's any throughout the time I have may half term I'd probably use them but if it's while I'm at school I cant
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,023 Wise Owl
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    I don't think my school are doing study leave :') when would these be (as in rough dates?) If there's any throughout the time I have may half term I'd probably use them but if it's while I'm at school I cant

Yeah I did my A levels last year and we didn’t have study leave, I don’t even know if it’s a thing anymore 😂
  • Options
    ellaella Community Manager Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    edited April 25
    @Chloe234 I'm hearing that study leave isn't really a thing anymore (It's not even that long since I did my GCSEs so feeling very old out here haha!) Would you be likely to use them if we ran them on Saturdays? <3
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,108 Wise Owl
    Sounds Good- I'll use them!
    I think they still do study leave or they should do. I had study leave last year but we were the last school to go onto study leave so it was very late. I know some schools are already doing study leave atm
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,178 Boards Champion
    ella wrote: »
    @Chloe234 I'm hearing that study leave isn't really a thing anymore (It's not even that long since I did my GCSEs so feeling very old out here haha!) Would you be likely to use them if we ran them on Saturdays? <3

Yeah definitely! As long as I don't have things on I'd 100% use them
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Sounds like a great idea! Happy to help as well <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    I totally love this idea - It's been a while since I've done my GSCEs and A-Levels, but happy to help however I can when I'm not at university as I've done my fair share of exams as well 💖