Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am I doing enough?

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,300 Wise Owl
Im just trying to get into work and hoping to get sorted ASAP. I'm applying to jobs everyday especially weekdays, maybe some weekends I might not do it to relax a bit more and get my mind off it all but I still do often then too. I'm getting rejections and not hearing back from some or the odd few I've not taken myself due to seeing its not a suitable company or too far etc. The whole process can be really stressful and I have made a lot of threads here about it all. I have been losing sleep, the wait, uncertainty, people going on about things etc, it's all stressful and can put me down. It can be hurtful to my self esteem not having a proper income, routine and not being sorted yet etc but I don't want it to just come across here like I'm just complaining about things and not doing anything about it. I'm applying to jobs very often but also I'm widening my options on what I can do to instead of specific roles. Also I have mentor with it so they are helping me a bit, I might go through with them my next appointment to get my CV a bit better too. I feel like I am trying sufficiently which is good because before I wasn't even applying. It's just about getting something, securing it and getting settled. I just want to make sure Im doing enough just get sorted long term. Personally I think there's not much more I can do.

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 425 Listening Ear
    @FordRanger I definitely think you're doing more than enough, it sounds like a very stressful time for you. I can really emphasise how difficult it is getting a job, especially now so you're not alone in that respect. Have you brought up the stress it's causing you with losing sleep and the anticipation? It might be worth mentioning to see if you can get any support for it. You don't come across like you're just complaining, at least in my opinion - you're more than welcome to come on here anytime you like to share the ups and downs and we'll all be here to listen and help the best we can. If you think there's not much more you can do and that you're trying you're best that's all we ask for. Our best can look different from time to time so try not to be too hard on yourself, it's a very tough situation to be in <3
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @FordRanger you're definitely doing enough!! The job market right now is atrocious and it’s so hard for people to get a job, it took me over a year of applying to secure my first job, it ruined my self-esteem, but I think it helped me secure the job after I did some volunteering at a charity shop to get experience! Remember your worth isn't defined by if u have a job or not! ♥️ good luck 🤞
  • Options
    @FordRanger I definitely think you're doing more than enough, it sounds like a very stressful time for you. I can really emphasise how difficult it is getting a job, especially now so you're not alone in that respect. Have you brought up the stress it's causing you with losing sleep and the anticipation? It might be worth mentioning to see if you can get any support for it. You don't come across like you're just complaining, at least in my opinion - you're more than welcome to come on here anytime you like to share the ups and downs and we'll all be here to listen and help the best we can. If you think there's not much more you can do and that you're trying you're best that's all we ask for. Our best can look different from time to time so try not to be too hard on yourself, it's a very tough situation to be in <3

@lunarcat522 yh its tough. I have mentioned it a bit to people but not loads only a few because it can be hard so I come here to vent. I appreciate your response a lot genuinely though.
  • Options
    Sunshine12 wrote: »
    @FordRanger you're definitely doing enough!! The job market right now is atrocious and it’s so hard for people to get a job, it took me over a year of applying to secure my first job, it ruined my self-esteem, but I think it helped me secure the job after I did some volunteering at a charity shop to get experience! Remember your worth isn't defined by if u have a job or not! ♥️ good luck 🤞

@Sunshine12 yh its tough for everyone but hopefully ill find something soon. Thanks a lot for your support.