Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Might delete soon

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,274 Wise Owl
edited April 2 in Health & Wellbeing
I have been trying to focus on the positives about things atm, I made a light topic thread here earlier just asking what cars people have driven instead of just negative type threads. I had my family talking downstairs about me twice today, saying I need to sort myself out with proper work and doubting me, which is getting to me. Over the past few months, I have been considering different options for what I can do. I have been trying; I even went on a forklift course, but I got let go a day early, so I have just been applying to jobs. I think there is only so much you can try and I think I am making an effort and like theres not much more than I can do. I am just so down and stressed sometimes that I can’t sleep; like last night, I struggled. I have been at home all day, feeling so stressed and useless about my situation sometimes. My family keeps making comments that put me down often. I have been feeling so down and stressed at times, and then people go on about it too.

My family is pretty much always home; they work from home or whatever, so they can make these comments most of the time. I live here, so I'm stuck with it. I've had friends who are judgmental, but they are people outside the house, so you can get away from it easier. However, at home, when it's the people you live with like your family, you can't get away from it. It's not all my family, but a couple of them. I just really don’t know what to do because I’m not good about my situation as it is. I can have times where I feel okay, and then family members start going on about things. The thing is, I don't do anything wrong to them. I don't hurt anyone, I don't insult them, I don't criticize them. I literally do nothing to them; I can just sit upstairs, and they bring it up. Plus, I'm trying to change.I saw a post on social media saying something like, "be around people that change more than they complain." I don't even complain to them, but I think, in general, I am making changes. For example, I am applying to jobs now, which is a change as I wasn't doing that before. I went to college, which is another change from before. I've been widening my options a bit in terms of what jobs I can do, so I believe I am making changes and not just complaining. I just come here to vent a lot because it gets a bit stressful. It is hard when you live with people who can put you down.

I might get this removed once I get replie(s) just because it's mentioning family.

Comments

• Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 73 Budding Regular
    Hi @FordRanger
    It can be stressful to hear that people are doubting you, especially when it comes from people that are close to us :'(
    The situation at home seems pretty stressful and frustrating but it's really great that you can see the work you're putting in to create the future you want. It definitely isn't an easy thing to do on your own <3
    Whilst giving yourself more future career opportunities is important, it's also important to reward yourself for how far you've come and take care of yourself in the present.

(As for moving the post, I think it could fit under both the relationships category and health & wellbeing category so I've left it here :) )
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,274 Wise Owl
    @Matthew_04 yh it can be stressful and everything. I am trying and all that which is also stressful. I am trying to do that too, think about how far I might have come and what changes I'm making. I mean I'm thinking of getting my thread deleted after I have a response(s) just for privacy. Thanks a lot for replying though, I thought I wasn't going to get any responses.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 812 Part of The Mix Family
    We are all here for you @FordRanger <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.