Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hello Everyone <3

Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 37 Boards Initiate
Hello Everyone!
I am a new Boards Moderator and I am excited to be joining this incredible forum! I am an undergraduate psychology student and in my spare time I love to paint, go for long dog walks with my pooch when I'm home from university, and I also love to cook.

Looking forward to being part of The Mix community!

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 590 Incredible Poster
    So pleased to have you join the community @Orchid059! Welcome <3
  • Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    Welcome to the community @Orchid059 <3
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,045 Wise Owl
    welcome @Orchid059 - it's great to have you here :3
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 412 Listening Ear
    Hi @Orchid059 welcome! What year are you in? I'm going into year 2 psychology this year
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,005 Wise Owl
    Hi @Orchid059 welcome to the mix!
  • Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    Hi @Orchid059
    Welcome!
    I'm also studying psychology, what part of the course do you like the most? :)
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    welcome @Orchid059! I am also a psychology student! do you have a favourite module you study? I am really enjoying my module on forensic psychology atm :)
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Welcome to the Mix and congrats on making the moderating team!

I love dogs! What dog do you have?

Look forward to seeing you around :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @lunarcat522 I am in my second year at the moment and will be going into my third year in September! What part of the degree do you enjoy the most? :)
  • Options
    Hi @Matthew_04 that's cool that we have that in common! I actually really enjoy social psychology at the moment because I find group dynamics really interesting. Do you have a particular area you are interested in?
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 412 Listening Ear
    @Orchid059 I'm actually going in as advanced entry! At the moment I'm doing HND social sciences including psychology but from what we've done I've really loved psychopathology and also attachment as the animal studies really interest me. It probably sounds weird but I also love learning about the really unethical studies like Milgram and Zimbardo as I just find it so interesting because you could never do those things anymore
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 820 Part of The Mix Family
    Glad to have you as part of the team☀️.
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 450 Listening Ear
    Welcome to our community @Orchid059! Hope your psychology degree's going great! What kind of things do you like to paint? I look forward to seeing around the boards! :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @Orchid059 hey welcome !! Fellow psychology student here haha, any chance u also dislike research skills ? 😂 also, ur dog is so cute on ur profile pic ❤️
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Orchid059 great to have you on the team! I also love dogs and cooking! <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Welcome @Orchid059 to the team! Happy to have you with us! :)
  • Options
    Hiya @Katie12 I'm glad you're enjoying studying psychology! One of my favourite modules is social psychology because group dynamics really interest me. I am also really enjoying my development across the lifespan module because I find it really interesting to learn about how we develop language skills as an infant- the concept of plasticity is really intriguing to me!
  • Options
    @Maisy Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to properly starting soon. I have a labradoodle and he is as daft as a brush! Do you have any pets? :)
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 That's so cool! I didn't even know that was an option you could take but it sounds really interesting! I actually completely understand your love towards the Zimbardo and Milgram Psychology experiments because it truly is fascinating to see the way Psychology has changed across time. They were very pivotal experiments in the psychology field which have changed the way we see ethics now
  • Options
    Hi @kaii thank you for your warm welcome! I actually really like doing watercolour paintings of cows weirdly enough- they're one of my favourite animals!
  • Options
    Hi @Sunshine12 lovely to hear from you! I also have a strong dislike for research methods! -statistics are not my strong suit 😂 And awh thank you- his name is Milo. Do you have any pets?
  • Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    Orchid059 wrote: »
    Hi @Matthew_04 that's cool that we have that in common! I actually really enjoy social psychology at the moment because I find group dynamics really interesting. Do you have a particular area you are interested in?

Social psychology is so interesting, I really like learning about the conformity experiments in that module. I'm enjoying learning about developmental psychology and want to get a job working with children and young people in the future.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Orchid059 Labradoodles are awesome! I don't have any pets but I do sometimes cat sit for my neighbour :)
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    Orchid059 wrote: »
    Hi @Sunshine12 lovely to hear from you! I also have a strong dislike for research methods! -statistics are not my strong suit 😂 And awh thank you- his name is Milo. Do you have any pets?

You too! Glad I’m not the only one on the research hate train haahah. And I have a dog called Jessie who’s a bichon frisé !!😊

• Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 59 Boards Initiate
    Hello @Orchid059

Welcome to the Mix! I also studied psychology at university. What food do you enjoy cooking the most?
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,995 Community Veteran
    Hey @Orchid059 welcome to TheMix <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Heya and welcome to the Mix! :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you