Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Football chat ⚽️

GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
edited March 6 in General Chat
Any football fans in the room??

If any of you weren't aware, I'm a huge Liverpool fan 🔴

I've seen quite a few online communities run chats after each game week, and also discuss score predictions for upcoming games which could be pretty fun. A few of you might have played fantasy football before too (fantasy premier league / WSL) - I know we're coming towards the end of the season now but we could even look to create our own Mix league for some healthy competition 🤪

Give me a shout if football is your thing!

Comments

  • Options
    nat_nat_ Moderator Posts: 53 Boards Initiate
    Also a football fan here!! i am in fact an arsenal fan, just saw the women play yesterday!! that would be a very cool idea though!
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    i am also a big Liverpool fan!! @Gemma how you feeling about Sunday?
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    nat_ wrote: »
    Also a football fan here!! i am in fact an arsenal fan, just saw the women play yesterday!! that would be a very cool idea though!

    Love that you saw them play @nat_! I haven't been able to see Liverpool play yet but I'd love to!!
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    Katie12 wrote: »
    i am also a big Liverpool fan!! @Gemma how you feeling about Sunday?

    oh my goodness Katie yessss!!! fellow Red 🔴

    I'm so nervous for Sunday honestly, the way Darwin was playing last night I was like he better bring this energy on Sunday please. Kelleher has been an absolute saviour for us and has really stepped up with Alisson away so I'm hopeful we can do something against them 😅
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    @Katie12 how did you feel about the draw last week? I thought we were robbed to be honest 😂 But they played so well so I was proud of them.

    Another big game today!
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    @Gemma I also think they were robbed should definitely have won against city the other week!

    don't want to talk about Sunday lol :(
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    @Katie12 oh literally, I still feel so upset and I could barely sleep on Sunday night :D
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,274 Wise Owl
    Gemma wrote: »
    If any of you weren't aware, I'm a huge Liverpool fan 🔴


    You're a huge Liverpool fan? I'm leaving the mix then 😂
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    FordRanger wrote: »
    You're a huge Liverpool fan? I'm leaving the mix then 😂

    HA you're a Man Utd supporter aren't ya @FordRanger? May the best team win this afternoon :p you feeling confident?
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,274 Wise Owl
    Gemma wrote: »
    FordRanger wrote: »
    You're a huge Liverpool fan? I'm leaving the mix then 😂

    HA you're a Man Utd supporter aren't ya @FordRanger? May the best team win this afternoon :p you feeling confident?

    @Gemma im not really that big of a fan tbh but yh. I think it's 1-1 while typing this, not sure who will win. Think it's 50 50 atm
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    edited April 7
    FordRanger wrote: »
    @Gemma im not really that big of a fan tbh but yh. I think it's 1-1 while typing this, not sure who will win. Think it's 50 50 atm

    Ah yep now finished 2-2! I'm just glad it's over tbh, was too much stress :D

    We missed so many chances!!
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Also a football fan! Big supporter of Man United, so this season has been a patience test at times :# But we slowed down Liverpool and took the advantage away from them, so a job well done over the weekend B)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    Azziman wrote: »
    Also a football fan! Big supporter of Man United, so this season has been a patience test at times :# But we slowed down Liverpool and took the advantage away from them, so a job well done over the weekend B)

    Ha @Azziman you're breaking my heart :( I'm still behind the boys, Arsenal have to slip up sooner or later!!
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Gemma wrote: »
    Azziman wrote: »
    Also a football fan! Big supporter of Man United, so this season has been a patience test at times :# But we slowed down Liverpool and took the advantage away from them, so a job well done over the weekend B)

    Ha @Azziman you're breaking my heart :( I'm still behind the boys, Arsenal have to slip up sooner or later!!

    The good news is, Arsenal did slip up as you wished! The bad news for you, so did Liverpool B)

    Meanwhile, I'm now having to pray that we finish in even a conference league spot :'(
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    Azziman wrote: »
    . The good news is, Arsenal did slip up as you wished! The bad news for you, so did Liverpool B)

    Meanwhile, I'm now having to pray that we finish in even a conference league spot :'(

    Liverpool 🤝 Arsenal
    Bottling the league to Man City

    If Man City win again I'm actually quitting football it's so boring :D

    Oof yeah it's a bit of a confusing process who qualifies for Europe isn't it?
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    edited April 16
    Oh also manifesting Divock Origi to save us when Forest play Man City on 28th <3

    Takes me back to 2022 when Gerrard could have won us the league with Aston Villa almost beating Man City :D
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    Gemma wrote: »
    Oh also manifesting Divock Origi to save us when Forest play Man City on 28th <3

    Takes me back to 2022 when Gerrard could have won us the league with Aston Villa almost beating Man City :D

    YES! this needs to happen :lol:
    we can hope!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.