Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Rejected by adult mental health services

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
Back in December, I had an assessment with CAMHS and they decided to do a referral to adult services because they felt that I needed support but I was going to be turning 18 soon after. However, I have now been rejected by adult services after my CAMHS worker met with them last week. It`s ridiculous. People just seem to think that family therapy and social services is going to solve everything. My mum doesn`t even know about my panic attacks and that`s something really affecting me. I got told something about having a care act assessment but it made absolutely no sense.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Dancer, I can hear your frustration in the situation. You were expecting support, so it's understandable to feel annoyed that you were denied that support. Your feelings are valid, and you deserve to be heard and supported.

It's worth following up on what this care act assessment is - it might be another route that you can get support. Perhaps it's worth checking with the CAMHS worker or GP? How would you feel about doing this?

I hope that you are able to get the support that you want and need. And of course, we'll be here to support you every step of the way :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.