Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

waiting for Shout to respond

This discussion was created from comments split from: I need a hug (v2.0) 💚.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Hiya @Loz :) I just split these comments off from the hugs thread because it sounded like you were working through a crisis when you were posting them.

That's not against the guidelines or anything - you were doing the right thing to contact Shout and you're welcome to vent about them here. We're just moderating comments in the hugs thread more actively at the moment while we're resetting the culture of that space to be lighter.

Out of interest though did Shout send an automated message about wait times or anything? Or were you just left with radio silence?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,633 Legendary Poster
    @Loz this caught my eye as someone on the other side of the shout line it's something i see a lot. I hate to see that people have been waiting hours. It's a big problem especially at night because there's not many people taking chats and there can be upwards of 150 in the queue :(

They do respond eventually so it's worth staying in the queue. I'm sorry to hear they didn't respond for you this time
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    LozLoz Community Champion Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    @JustV ah my bad sorry.
    Out of interest though did Shout send an automated message about wait times or anything? Or were you just left with radio silence?

Yeah, I kept getting automated responses about their wait times. And a link to a website. The first time I used them they responded relatively quickly I think it was around half an hour. But all I kept getting was automated responses the other day. So I joined the queue at 1.30 am and left it at 4 am because I had had enough of waiting. I just found it frustrating that a crisis line took ages to respond and all I was getting was automated responses.

@independent_
    @Loz this caught my eye as someone on the other side of the shout line it's something i see a lot. I hate to see that people have been waiting hours. It's a big problem especially at night because there's not many people taking chats and there can be upwards of 150 in the queue :(

They do respond eventually so it's worth staying in the queue. I'm sorry to hear they didn't respond for you this time

Ah I had a feeling there was a large queue and not enough people. I just found it extremely frustrating

On a side note I've never had a great experience with crisis services. Samaritans can be good but when I rang them a few months ago they were asking for my location to give to emergency services so I described where I was, which if they told emergency services they would've known where I was, but the person on the phone was asking me to go on google maps and get my exact coordinates.

The crisis line I was given by CAMHS which are linked to them never picked up the phone I kept getting some automated response and then the call would end.

"My darkside won today" - DArkSide by BMTH