Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I hate myself

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
This is not aimed at anyone here but some people really do seem to lack a brain. I've had to face some horrible trolls on a group chat and they said some things which on there, I took as a joke but actually it's affecting me. Do people not seem to understand how much of an impact words can have? I was bullied from year 7 to year 11 and although it has now stopped, I still end up terrified of confrontation and I have very little confidence. I hate it. I just want it to be over. What did I wrong? I'm safe so please don't do anything.

Here are some of the very charming comments I got.
Isn't that that green alien with one eye from that movie!
Nah I'm bored and you're ugly a great rather icl
Shut your pimple looking pancake ass up
You're a bitch? TING yes! You got no bf? TING yes! You're hot? EHEEH wrong! You're a saggy bitch? TING yes! You're so fat you're built like a fire truck? TING yes! You're so fat you're built like a mini fridge? TING yes!
Ain't no one looking at your ass bro with you around it's pancake day every day
Retard
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    So sorry to hear you're being treated like this @Dancer but you've done nothing wrong here, please don't blame yourself <3
  • Options
    Thank you. They're right though. I'm ugly and I'll never get a boyfriend.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Attractiveness is a very subjective thing and I get why it can be really difficult to accept yourself when society is unfortunately still over-focused on looks, and at times hypocritical about how to look, making it impossible to conform. I'm sure you're not ugly but I would hope that a partner wouldn't want you just for your looks (although it's a nice bonus) as I think there's so much more to people than their physical appearance. <3
  • Options
    It's not even just about being called ugly.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    There's some really awful comments there. I understand what it's like to try to take things as a joke, even though it hurts.

Chances are these people that are sending you messages are either struggling with something themselves and are taking it out on you or just lack the ability to understand that comments like those do actually hurt and aren't funny at all. Either way you shouldn't have to put up with it. If you can, you might want to report and block them. If not, is it possible to just ignore/mute certain members of the group chat? Or talk to the moderator of the group and ask to remove the trolls from the group? Either taking action to prevent them from trolling you or finding ways to ignore them might help (they might get bored if they don't get a reaction from you).

You haven't done anything wrong though and you didn't deserve any of this <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I ended up leaving the group.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Dancer wrote: »

@Dancer you are not ugly at all. In fact you are a very beautiful amazing person. Don't let those horrible comments change your view of yourself. The truth is that those people are probably jealous and also that don't have anything better to say. Those people must be super bored to say stuff like that about you because you a lovely person. I'm sorry that you had to experience comments like that on a group chat. I don't know if this is an idea or would be helpful but say if you were on a group chat where people were being rude, is there a way of talking to a trusted friend or person you know about what happened. Even if its one you joined on an app you could always leave the group maybe. I'm probably not the best at advice on this but I am always here if you ever need someone <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    dyoverdxdyoverdx Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    Dancer wrote: »
    I’m insecure about my looks too. You just have to accept who you are. Do you know the odds that you were born ?
    1 in 4 trillion .
    Look after yourself because there will never be another you or another me. Embrace who you are!
    F*** these trolls.
    “Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.”