Home General Chat Polls of the Week
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What utensil do you use to eat cake?

Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 81 Budding Regular
Personally I ALWAYS use a fork when i eat cake but my sibling uses a spoon. What utensil do you use? Or do you prefer just using your hands?

What utensil do you use to eat cake? 16 votes

Fork
50%
AifeJustVVerinelinChloe234sinead276Amy22Katie12AnonymousToe 8 votes
Spoon
37%
independent_Dancerkaiilunarcat522Loztoffuna101 6 votes
Hands
6%
ebyrne556 1 vote
I don't like cake
6%
Rose113 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    Spoon
    Depends which I am given. Usually a spoon because most places seem to be allergic to forks for desserts. At home whatever one is closer because i just want to eat my cake
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    toffuna101toffuna101 Posts: 154 Helping Hand
    Spoon
    it doesn't really matter that much to me since at the end of the day you're eating cake. i picked spoon because that's what i use the most
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Fork
    I experience such a visceral discomfort with food being on my fingers, so the thought of using my hands to eat cake is slightly sending me :lol:
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,033 Community Veteran
    Fork
    Sometimes I use a spoon to eat cake, but I do prefer a fork because it's so easy to pick up crumbs or cake pieces. There are times I will eat with my hands such as cupcakes or muffins but sometimes my hands do get messy so a fork is always handy to have <3. I'm thinking of investing in a personal spork so then when I buy cake or a muffin from the coffee shop in work I can then use it to save my hands from getting greasy or dirty. Normally I get a carrot cake muffin and they are filled with a type of icing or cream cheese which often gets all over me. :lol:
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,074 Wise Owl
    Fork
    i feel like if i'm at home then i'll use a fork - but the more i thibk about it i feel restaurants do tend to give spoons with desserts so i guess a mix of both

although personal preference goes to team fork
  • Options
    LozLoz Community Champion Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Spoon
    WHY Y'ALL USING FORKS HUHHHHHHHH
    "My darkside won today" - DArkSide by BMTH
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,135 Wise Owl
    I don't like cake
    Hate cake lol :')
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,833 Master Poster
    Spoon
    If it has icing on, I'll use a spoon or fork but if it's something plain, I'll use my hands.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous