Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Happy Lunar New Year from The Mix! ✨

GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
Lunar New Year is one of the most beloved festivals in Eastern Asia. In Chinese customs, it’s all about moving on from the past and welcoming a fresh new year with lovely blessings for prosperity, wearing the brightest colours and celebrating with who you love! No matter where you are from, we hope the spirit of the Dragon Year may lift you up for many more adventures ahead! 🐉

Alt text spoilered:
The image has a title that says 'Happy Lunar New Year! from The Mix' with The Mix logo in the top right-hand corner. Below this, is an illustration of a young person celebrating Lunar New Year, holding some fortune cookies. They are surrounded by a dragon and a lion.

xh6dmk420k1g.jpg

You can also view the post over on our Instagram page - https://www.instagram.com/themixuk

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,033 Community Veteran
    Happy Lunar New Year everybody. It's the year of the Dragon this year and because I'm technically Welsh our flag got a dragon so its the year of Wales, hopefully we do win in the rugby this year!.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,033 Community Veteran
    JustV wrote: »
    I went to Chinatown in London yesterday without knowing what day it was :sweat_smile:

Interestingly my friend was telling me about some of the customs while we were walking through. Lots of stuff around preserving wealth and prosperity, and luck as @sinead276 said. Shops were also selling cabbage leaves on string, which I didn't have a chance to research!

I'll have to do some research on cabbage leaves and eat they represent. I know during Chinese New year and lunar new year sometimes families will often give their children red envelopes. The red colour often represents wealth, prosperity and good luck for the child's future and endeavors (I can't spell this word lol).
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Happy Luna New Year all!! 🎉

I love dragons, they're so cool! 🐉I wish they were real... actually, I take that back!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Happy Lunar new year everyone hope u all had nice weekends
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 251 The Mix Regular
    Happy lunar new year!
  • Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 78 Budding Regular
    Happy Lunar new year!!! :3
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Happy lunar new year! Cant believe we r in February now :o
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.