Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do you show yourself kindness and self-love?

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,048 Boards Guru
Helloo everyone,

We'd really like to create a self-care image for Valentine's Day to share on social media and here on the boards. We thought the image would be really nice to have lots of tips about how to practice self-love and kindness to ourselves.

We're hoping to create something that looks a bit like this picture:
e05x0n455f25.png

If you're happy to be involved, please do comment your tips below and we'll use them to create into a nice illustration :)
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,064 Community Veteran
    I also agree with @faolan @AnonymousToe you are deserving as much love and support as you need. Sometimes we just need to realise that actually we are capable of self worth and love. One method that I try to tend to do is how would I comfort a friend who needs to self love and then I use those words for myself too. I'll tell you something, I never used to love myself and still don't. I'm not perfect too either in fact none of us humans are really. However, every single person deserves support, love and a listening ear from time to time. Eventually, I realised that I can't help others if I can't give myself appreciation and self-love too. Sometimes it can be easier to support other people rather than other selves at times. You deserve the whole world! I also echo this to everyone else on here too!.

All human beings are worth self love, appreciation and self-worth.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,100 Wise Owl
    Thank you so much everyone, sorry I’ve made this whole thing about me. You’re all amazing :heart:
  • Options
    @AnonymousToe As it's easier said than done you don't have to apologise at all. Actually I think that your input was very insightful and I am glad that you reached out on here. The thread is about self-love and it's on the wellbeing page too so technically anyone even you can feel free to talk on here. You don't have to apologise at all <3 it's okay.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 The Mix Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    indievioletindieviolet Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    One thing I have heard that's stuck with me is 'Talk to yourself like you would talk to a friend'. I always try to remember that when the negative voice in my head is bothering me. Even though it's often times difficult, you can be your own friend :)
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 669 Incredible Poster
    I don’t because I don’t deserve it. I try to just like not hate myself for not being perfect, but it just gets me into trouble because according to my parents I’m just lazy. No point being kind to myself if it’s just gonna cause more pain

Just to echo what everyone else has said here @AnonymousToe you are so deserving of kindness, just like everyone else. <3

You bring so much to the community, we love having you here. You are so deserving of self-love - you give so much support to others and you deserve the same back. <3
  • Options
    faolan wrote: »
    I try my best to forgive myself for past mistakes. Sure, everyone makes them and they are opportunities for learning and growth.

And I’ve been learning how to set boundaries, figuring out how to say no and setting healthy boundaries to protect my time, energy and emotional well being

I also feel like I am doing the same as well especially forgiving myself for mistakes I made or bad choices I did in the past (because personally and still now I wasn't a good person). I think it's good though you have found a way of setting boundaries for yourself because I find it quite hard to say no to most people as I tend to be a people pleaser most of the time. But actually and I think you also find that saying no is quite healthy to do because we can't always please everyone from time to time <3.
  • Options
    You've all been so very brave in sharing here and have shared such supportive things <3

I'm also echoing again what's already been said @AnonymousToe you are so deserving of kindness and self-love, and I'm sending you lots of virtual hugs all the way from here. I'm so sorry to hear how your parents are making you feel, that sounds so difficult <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    edited February 15
    Thank you so much everyone for sharing your self-love and kindness tips, they were so helpful reading through. We've put together 6 themes based on what you shared and put them into a post which we'll be sharing on socials later on today. I hope you like it! You've all shared such lovely reminders :)

See the final image in the spoiler below:
    igs825adtrx4.jpg
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,094 Wise Owl
    oooooo i love the post :3
  • Options
    I also saw this post on instagram today and it really made me smile <3.