Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Would you be interested in a book club on The Mix?

yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
Hey everyone!

Some of you may have seen the post @Amy22 made a while ago on an idea of ours to start a book club on here and a few of you expressed some interest which is super exciting! @Amy22 and I have both struggled with motivation to read lately, like we're in a big reading slump so we thought maybe once a month or so a group of us could choose a book to read together. We'd choose books which are accessible for free online so anyone who wants to join has the chance to without having to spend money on books. @Amy22 mentioned having prompts for each month instead of choosing one particular book, such as read a book which contains romance or a book that has a certain theme etc. Obviously these are things we can decide on later but we just thought it would be super helpful if we could have a rough idea of how many of you would be interested. We're not asking you to commit to anything so no worries if you say you'd be interested now and then change your mind, we just want a rough idea. Also feel free to add anything else if there's something we've missed or something you wanna add!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone! :)
my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain

Would you be interested in a book club on The Mix? 6 votes

I'd definitely love to take part!
66%
PenguinSkyebyrne556lunarcat522Matthew_04 4 votes
Maybe I'd come along, not too sure but it sounds like something I could be interested in
33%
AnonymousToetoffuna101 2 votes
Eh not my thing, sorry!
0%

Comments

• Options
    toffuna101toffuna101 Posts: 154 Helping Hand
    Maybe I'd come along, not too sure but it sounds like something I could be interested in
    it could put my mind off things
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Hi folks!. So sorry I haven't been in contact lately, I had a lot of stuff to do with my apprenticeship including training. But to reiterate on what @Xee mentioned both me and @Xee would like to host a book club where we would all read a free book together for the month. We were just wondering how many would be possibly interested in taking part in this club. I don't know whether this would be done fortnightly or even one a month but I know we can find some cool books to read and enjoy together and discuss our feelings and thoughts <3.

@Xee so sorry I have seen this post (I saw this post in work the other day but forget to respond to it cause been busy). Thanks for doing the poll by the way, you are fab!. <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Trying not to vote myself hehe jk I woulden't xd :lol: sorry my brain is being funny
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films