Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nightmares, and the memories I'll never forget (trigger warning)

PetiteQuarkPetiteQuark Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
edited January 20 in Health & Wellbeing
Does anyone else have nightmares of certain memories or is it just ne

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @PetiteQuark Yes I do but they don't always reflect how it happened in real life but there are normally quite a few similarities.

My nightmares tend to surround complex trauma so it's not necessarily reflective of one "big" event but many distressing events over an extended period of time
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    Yes, I do. Like @lunarcat522 said, my nightmares aren’t exactly how it happened but similar.
  • Options
    @PetiteQuark Yes I do but they don't always reflect how it happened in real life but there are normally quite a few similarities.

My nightmares tend to surround complex trauma so it's not necessarily reflective of one "big" event but many distressing events over an extended period of time

Mine are the same i have dreams about getting hurt because i got bullied during years 7/8 the most, and i have nightmares of results day and bad dreams about college or getting yelled at by my teachers or by my mum :')
  • Options
    @PetiteQuark So sorry you experience these, it's awful. I mostly get ones where I'm screamed at by teachers.

Hope it's comforting to know you're not alone <3
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    @lunarcat522 I’m so sorry to hear that ❤️
  • Options
    @AnonymousToe Thank you, it's nice to wake up though and it's over
  • Options
    @PetiteQuark So sorry you experience these, it's awful. I mostly get ones where I'm screamed at by teachers.

Hope it's comforting to know you're not alone <3

Im so sorry that you get nightmares. Thankfully theyre just nightmares. When I was in year 10, I moved schools for a few months, the school i went to for year 10 was horribly strict. I got screamed at for wearing grey trousers (my old school uniform) and for waiting outside class because I was too early i cried, the teachers there were horrible authoritarian and strict so i understand how its like.
  • Options
    LauraaaaLauraaaa Support Group Moderator Posts: 19 Settling in
    sleep disturbances are truly awful in whatever way it manifests. keep thriving ⭐️⭐️